Chapter 5: Training and Encounters

Artemis POV

After yesterday's night visit from Aun Hestia with Perseus , I was left completely speechless. A tale that every god thought was a myth, is actually real and in progress. I am sorry that the person of such tale had to be Perseus, after so much time sacrificing his life countless times. If when the second prophecy began I started to believe that the Fates had something towards Perseus, after yesterday I am sure they have something against him. 

This morning wasn't that eventful, other than campers staring at me finally knowing who I was, and Perseus starting to behave like his old self before the breakup. He started to talk more and try to get me to enjoy my time here at camp. However, I could notice that something was bothering him, I could guess that it was because of the bracelets and decided to ask him. 

"Hey, Perse-Percy." I shakily said as my mouth autocorrected and silently cursed once again to our bond. This got a laugh from Perseus and after a few seconds after he regain composure he responded. "Yes, Artemis?"

"I see that something is bothering you. What is it? Is it the cuffs? Or what is it?" I genuinely asked out of concern. He gives me a small smile and turns to look at the rest of the campers before leaning in to whisper in my ear. "I've been thinking that maybe being here around campers will be a great danger to them. But I also think that leaving will put you in  danger and I don't know what to do." His response made me mad as well as shocked at the same time. Initially, the fact that he was caring for the campers' safety, as well as mine, shocked me. And the same fact that he was looking out for me made me furious at him believing that I could not take care of myself after thousands of years of experience out in the wild. 

"Are you saying that I can't take care of myself Pers-Percy?" I said the entire phrase serious and angry until the last part of my statement revealed that I wasn't really mad. This confused me since I thought that the previous feeling was anger, but I guess not. "I'm not saying that you can't take care of yourself Artemis, but I mean it in the way that I don't want to place anyone in danger because of me." He sincerely responded while holding back a laugh meaning he caught my fake anger. Eventually, the rest of the conversation went smoothly trying to decide what to do when a daughter of Athena came up to us right before leaving the table. She earned a glare from me for what she had done to Perseus making my belief in her dropped. Fortunately, Perseus saw this and asked me if I could wait for him in the Arena to try some things out. 

I nodded at him and left for the arena. While on my way there my mind was on two things. First, why was I being protective of her towards Perseus? I could only come to reason that since he is my master, I don't want people to hurt him because if he is hurt I am probably gonna have a bad time. Secondly, what did Perseus mean by trying some things out? I could only guess that it was about the bracelets. I decided to leave those thoughts in the air as I got to the arena and took out my hunting knives and started warming up. 

Percy POV(Just as Artemis left)

"What do you want Annabeth?" I asked in a harsher tone than I intended to. Now with this, I am sure that no matter how much I prepared myself for the breakup, I wasn't really ready. She winced at my tone before composing herself to respond. "I heard that you are the new boss of Lady Artemis. I came to see how you are doing." Now, this made me furious at the fact that I couldn't figure out her true motivation for coming to talk to me the day after our breakup. 

"Really Annabeth? That is your excuse to come and talk to me?" I said with an emotionless tone while keeping eye contact with her. She couldn't meet my eyes and just keep looking at the ground for some time before answering me. "I'm sorry for what I did, but I can't get you out of my head after what you told me yesterday. I came to talk to you about us."