Chapter 3: New Master and New Heartbreak

Artemis POV

"I know it is mindblowing but I trust Perseus more than any other male in this world." I replied and look how his shocked face slowly went back to his emotionless one. "Okay, but what does a master has to do or what?" Percy asked as he leaned back on the couch.

"A master is basically like a boss to them. You can tell her what to do and she needs to comply by her own will or her body will do it for herself. The same thing is happening with Apollo and Meg. But you gotta consider the fact that she will need to go with you to any place, because you being her master, she can't be far from you no matter what." Chiron seriously responded while taking a sip from his tea. 

"So what do you say Perseus? You are the only one I can trust after your actions and have been a friend to Zoe." I asked while choking back her name. "Alright, either way, school doesn't start till September." He thoughtfully responded as he stood up and look outside. 

"Alright, all you need to say is your name and then that you claim Artemis' service." Chiron commented. As Chiron said that, all of my thoughts were that he better not ask for anything perverted or arousal. I might be in a mortal body but I can still make him suffer if he ever asks me to do something like that. 

"I, Perseus Achilles Jackson, claim the services of Phoebe Artemis." He said out loud and a few seconds later thunder could be heard outside. I looked at him with a bit of worried and nervousness. He looks back at me with a confused face until his eyes widen and proceeded to say something that shocked me. "Don't worry Lady Artemis, I swear on the river Styx to never ask for anything perverted from your service." He sword while he gave me his famous troublemaker grin that is popularly known to all goddesses in Olympus. I haven't really given thought of his features with my whole hatred towards males, but now that I am closer to him I can see why Aphrodite won't shut up about him whenever a conversation leads to him. Wait, what am I thinking?

"Alright, now that everything is set up. I need to go because I have a date with Annabeth by the lake." With that statement, he walked out of the house and headed straight for the lake. I couldn't help but smile at the fact that he was finally happy after 6 years of being involved in the worst two prophecies of all time. I hope that everything is good for him after doing so much after Olympus and everyone else without asking for anything back.

I talked with Chiron for a few more minutes about the current situations in Olympus before heading out towards my cabin. But once I arrived at my cabin, a feeling of nostalgia came over me, making me remember all of the good times I and my hunters had in this cabin. To my better or worst judgment, I decided that sleeping in the cabin alone would be too painful and decided to go towards Perseus' cabin and asked him if I could sleep there for some time. 

To my surprise, once I got to his cabin, he wasn't there. I thought about it until I remember that he was gonna be on a date with his girlfriend. With that in mind, I decided to make myself at home and just went into the cabin to wait for him to come back since I don't want to cause any issues with him and his girlfriend Annabeth. 

Once inside I could see that he wasn't a person that prefers cleanness over chaos. I looked around the room and find myself with the mythical minotaur horn that was hanging on the wall. He had two plaques with a lot of names engraved on them. I was reading through the names when I finally realized whose names those were: they were the names of the people that were lost in battle during the Titan and Giant wars. The only way I was able to decipher them was because he also had the names of every hunter that died during the war. He especially had a section in both plaques that were adorned in silver engravings for the hunters and no one else. Seeing this just made my respect for Perseus increase and being proud that someone else besides the hunt acknowledges them. I have made the right call for Perseus to be my master. Now don't let me down, please.

I was so lost in thought when the opening of the cabin door brought me back to reality. I turned around to see Perseus come in with tears daring to spill from his eyes and he just went to his bed, not noticing me in the room. 

Percy POV

I walked out of the Big House and headed towards the lake to finally have a proper date with Annabeth. The last couple of times that we have had dates were several weeks apart. Since defeating Gaia and her army, she had spent most of last year in Olympus for the construction of new statues and buildings honoring the dead during the battle. To say the least, she has been pretty distant ever since we came out of Tartarus, and what I did to Akhlya. But this last couple of months she became even more distant and I was planning on using this date to talk about it. 

"Hey, Wise girl" I say to her before hugging her and noticing the tension in her body. "Hey, is there anything wrong?" I asked while looking into her eyes but she avoids it. This is not a good feeling right now. I try to say something but she responds.

"I don't think I can do this anymore." She says as her gaze moves to the lake. Her words left me in complete shock and I respond. "What do you mean you can't do this anymore?" 

"I can't keep pretending that everything is alright. After we came out of Tartarus I tried to forget what you did to Akhlya but every time I look into your eyes I just see that same expression. The innocent, brave, honest, and rightful man that I fell in love with isn't there anymore." She responds while looking down and tears start coming out of her eyes while I try to keep mine at bay. 

"So you say that just because I showed how I would react to someone hurting you, you got so scared that you can't even look at me while you say it?" I asked her as my tears start coming out nonstop. "Answer me Annabeth, is the least you could do after everything we have been through together." 

"Yes, I can't be with someone that would literally kill everything because of how much you care for me. Your actions that day made me realize that your fatal flaw of loyalty, can be incredibly terrifying if you let yourself lose control." She replied while still looking at the ground and then at me. 

"With that answer, now I know that you really didn't love me like you said you did." I responded and start heading back to my cabin when I hear her shout. "What do you mean by not loving you as I said?" I just turned around and respond in the calmest possible way. "If you did love me like that, you would've tried to help me keep control over myself, but you decided that it is better to let me go instead of trying to help me. Bye Annabeth, I hope you find true love someday." 

With that, I just turned around and leave towards my cabin while thinking of all the happy and dark moments Annabeth and I shared in our almost 6 years of knowing each other. As I walk I could feel the tears dripping into the ground and my shirt. When I got to my cabin I just head straight to my bed and didn't notice that there was someone on one of the bunks next to mine. 

"Perseus, what is wrong?" I heard a familiar voice call from behind me. I look up and turned around to see that Artemis was inside my tent. Not even thinking about it I just responded. "Annabeth broke up with me just now."

"What?!"