Chapter 6: Getting Lost in Heavens and a Dragon Visit

Artemis POV

After our little awkward encounter in Perseus' cabin, everything went great for the rest of the week. We followed a simple routine that consisted of eating, training, reading, sleeping, and searching for more information about the bracelets. To say that our research was a complete failure can be seen on our faces every night after coming back from the library. This past week has made me realize that Perseus is smarter than he lets people see, but he can still be oblivious and slow at certain times. 

We are currently sitting down at his table. I am eating a plate of spaghetti and he is eating a cheeseburger with french fries and a blue coke. I finally got over the fact that he wants almost all of his foods blue or if not he goes crazy and doesn't eat. As we are halfway through our food, we feel a tremor that shakes the entire dining pavilion. Perseus and I look around trying to find what caused it when I see that his gaze falls towards the outside of camp near Thalia's pine tree. 

We both got up and head towards where the tremor came from. We jog up the hill and we meet with one of the most ancient and rarest monsters that I could remember: The Colchian Dragon. A serpent so big that could devour a person in two bites with ease. Dark green and blood red scales adorn its body, capable of deflecting almost any type of weapon. A crest on top of its head as well as three snake-type tongues. It radiated so much power that made almost everyone to their knees with the exception of Perseus. He just stood there admiring the dragon until he did something that almost gave me a heart attack. 

He simply walked out of the barrier and stood right in front of the beast as if it were a dog. The dragon slowly rested its head on the grass, never leaving eye contact with Perseus. Both were imitating each other's head movements as if they were one. Eventually, to the shock of everyone, Perseus pet the dragon on the head, and the monster closed its eyes and relax at his touch. To say that everyone was shocked was an understatement. Everyone in the camp had their jaws hanging, not believing what we have just seen occur right in front of our eyes. 

Percy POV

At the moment that the tremor occurred Artemis and I search for what caused it. I was finally able to see something right outside the barrier by the golden fleece. Artemis followed me towards the creature and what we saw put me in a trace. It was a dragon, so big that could literally eat me in one bit if it wanted to, but for some reason, I didn't feel that it was threatening us. Dark green and blood red scales adorned its body like body armor. A crest that went from its head to its tail. It also had three snake-like tongues that really weirded me out. 

This creature emitted so much power that could easily be confused by a major god. My body felt a pull towards it, but for some reason, I couldn't think anything else other than wanting to make it my friend. My body moved on its own and stepped out of the barrier and slowly made my way to it. It lowered its head and followed my gaze and copied my head movements as if deciding if I was worthy. I decided to try my luck and pulled my right hand forward wanting to pet it. 

At this, I could hear gasps from the campers behind me, but I didn't care about it at this moment, my body was in a trance because of this dragon. After my hand touched its head, it closed its eyes and relax to my touch, making me worthy of it. My lips slowly moved up to form a genuine smile.  I was finally able to come out of my trance and looked back at my friends about what just happened, but I see that everyone is on their knees. 

I was confused for a second before I heard a voice in my head. A low, gentle, and powerful voice that showed power and respect. "Hello milord, I am known as the Colchian dragon, I used to be the protector of the Golden Fleece." Now, this did take me by surprise, I decided to speak back in my mind to it so that the campers don't think that I am crazy. "Hello, I am Perseus Jackson, but you can call me Percy."