Chapter 24: Bringing Back Order

Sorry for the absence but I just got free time and motivation for this story one again, hope you enjoy it! Read the note at the end for more information!

Third POV

The sound of lightning hitting its target bounced off the walls inside a giant room with 12 thrones. There were currently 10 people sitting on those thrones as they watched the scene in front of them. They had just seen their king shoot a lightning bolt at the person in the middle of the room. 

"No!" They all heard the shout and cry from a young adult woman with auburn hair and silver eyes. She was standing right next to the hearth inside the throne room as she was being held back by a lady with brown hair and fiery-red eyes that also looked like she wanted to kill someone.

A man with a Tommy Bahamas shirt and khaki Bermuda shorts immediately got up with a bronze trident in his hand. He pointed the sharp tips directly at the king who had just fired at his son. The rest of the people in the room immediately got out of their shock at seeing the lord of the seas' actions after losing his son. 

"I'll kill you for that!" The god of the seas roared and was about to strike his brother, but the ground around them started to suddenly shake. 

Everyone believe that it was Poseidon's doing but once they noticed his surprised face they knew it wasn't him. They started to look around but they didn't know who it was or had the power to shake the ground like the lord of the seas. They were lost until the smoke in the middle of the room got transparent enough for them to see the silhouette of a man standing with his arms crossed in an x over his face. The man was radiating a sea-green, red, and white aura with such force as that of an Olympian god.

"You just made a grave mistake, Lord Zeus," The man hissed. 

Flashback(10 minutes before)

Percy was in the training arena sparring against his girlfriend. Both of them were rather happy and energetic after spending last night making love to their significant other for the first time in both of their lives. 

Percy parried a swing from Artemis' sword before performing the disarming technique that he first learned years ago. He twisted his blade at the bottom of hers and the blade flew out of her hand. The ex-goddess let out an annoyed sigh at being disarmed with the same technique since he first started teaching her how to use a sword. She had tried to get the technique but for some reason, she always couldn't or her own sword would fly out of her hands. 

"Don't be too discouraged about it, you were used to using only knives and bows all your life. Changing to a sword isn't like using a knife, you still need to change from your millennia fighting using knives to another one using a sword," Percy encourage her and Artemis had to smile at that, she missed his over-positive attitude in every way. 

Artemis walked closer to her boyfriend before placing a hand on his chest. "You know, I knew that I missed every single detail about you, but now that you are back I have realized that I missed it much more than I had believed back then," Artemis confessed and suppressed her tears that were threatening to spill over. 

Percy cupped her face in both of his hands and made her look up at him. "There is no need for that anymore, I won't leave you again," 

"You promise?" Artemis spoke in a low and almost shattered voice. She remembered the pain she felt for months the moment after his death. She had believed that the only person that she had loved and loved her back because of herself and nothing else was gone. 

"I promise, there is so much I need to tell you tonight after dinner, got it?" Percy finished with a smile and Artemis couldn't help but return it and nod.