Part 3: Teaser

I crumbled up the note card, shoving the letters in my chest quickly, along with the jewelry box

I crumbled up the note card, shoving the letters in my chest quickly, along with the jewelry box. I concealed them again and shut it, locking it, then went for her garnet pendant, but it clattered to the floor as the faint figure of a man rushed into my room, shutting the door behind it. I noticed then that it's eyes were red, and it was a milky white, it's face was twisted out of shape and it's jaw hung low, too low. Into its mouth was a black void boarded by sharp teeth and it screeched, leaving a painful ringing in my ears. I backed away from it as it swatted at me with its inhumanly long arms, it's claws just barely missed my face. My heartbeat quickened with fear as I frantically I tried to move around it but the lights started to flicker and I could only see it's eyes. I stopped breathing, watching it. It moved closer to me, and I learned further back as it screeched at me again. It's full body lit up when it screamed, only for a few seconds, but long enough for it to see me. The thing swatted at me again and snagged on my arm, leaving a deep gash where it's nail had been. I yelped, kicking it backwards. It stumbled into my vanity, the sapphire necklace slid across the room. I leapt for it, wrapping it around my neck with my other pendant and conjured up a sword. The lights started to flicker, it was on my ceiling now. I pulled my arm back, and threw the blade straight for his head. It hit, and he dropped to the floor with a scream, the blade sinking further into its head on impact. Whatthehell. I cursed, running a hand through my hair. I tried to catch my breath, my heart pounding as it laid their unmoving a few moments more before morphing into the body of a young boy. I cursed again, rushing over to the child. A knock pounded on my door, followed by Victoria storming into the room. She looked at the body and locked the door behind her before whispering angrily, "Audrey please tell me you did not kill a child."

"I-" I stammered, "I don't know what just happened." She frowned looking from me to the child, "I heard some commotion coming from here. Audrey, what's going on?"

"There was, he- I swear he-" she walked over to him and put a gentle hand on his head. "I see." She said. I noticed how his arms were still too lanky for his body, his jaw dislocated, he was himself but he hadn't healed. Victoria turned towards me with a concerned expression, "Audrey, who is sending you demons?"

 Victoria turned towards me with a concerned expression, "Audrey, who is sending you demons?"