Epilogue

I sat on the beach, my legs crossed and looked out upon the tied

I sat on the beach, my legs crossed and looked out upon the tied. It pulled in softly, gently. I considered how these trivial things meant nothing to me days ago, but the simplicity meant so much more to me now. My mother and aunt were creators. My mother aimed to create perfection, so every star in her galaxies burned til it no longer satisfied her and no planets existed without her approval, but my aunt created things for their beauty. Many days I wished we had been her children instead. She didn't care how imperfect we were, we were treasures in her eyes. We were just as we were and that was good enough for her. If only it had been good enough for me too. "Silas!" Nia shouted, her little feet padding against the sand as she ran towards me. "Look who I've brought for you!" I turned my head and smiled. "Hello brother." He said kindly. "Hello Apollo." Nia sat down in between us and pulled him down with her. I turned my head to the sky. The stars twinkled brightly down on us. "Do you think she's watching?" Nia asked. "Yeah," I replied. "She's definitely watching now." We sat in silence on the beach awhile longer. The tide rolled in, brushing up against our feet. I felt nothing. Not the cool chill of the water, not the wind which passed us by. That was the price of life. I looked over, Apollo was staring at the cliff. I'm sure he had the same questions I had, but he seemed at ease. A small hint of regret crossed through me, I wondered what we could've been if I had been different. If any of us had been different. Luna, Nia, Apollo. But we were gods, and we had every right to be treated as such. Then another emotion crossed over me. Anger. I was foolish, I lost that right at birth and I knew that. I should've accepted it like they did, but what was done was done and there was no going back now. Nia stood and grabbed our hands. She had been here longer, she had waited for us all this time. Watched us, and welcomed us. We were a family again. With or without our parents. We were all we needed, we had been all we needed and it was a shame I didn't see it before. Nia pulled us upward, taking the first step to the sea. She grabbed both our hands and pulled us forward. "Where do you think we'll go?" I asked. Apollo shrugged. "Together." Nia said. "Together." We stepped in the sea, walked further and further until our bodies were consumed by water and there was an emptiness and then peace.

" We stepped in the sea, walked further and further until our bodies were consumed by water and there was an emptiness and then peace