12

General Aiden led us into a Library

General Aiden led us into a Library. It was large, stunning, and elegant. I expected nothing less from the royal castle as it was known from its extravagance, and many of its repairs had been said to have been done by the gods themselves, but it wasn't where we were supposed to be. Or at least, it wasn't what I was expecting. "Lila!" General Aiden shouted. A girl with soft purple hair emerged from the book case. She looked over to the general with excitement in her eyes. "You're back so soon?" She asked, holding a large staff in her hand. The stick of the staff was a midnight shade of blue, so deep it appeared black until it hit the sunlight. It expanded into three branches which curved into half a sphere, the center was an orb which appeared as though it held the galaxy in it. The girl, Lila's eyes fell on to me. "Newbie, huh?"

"Be nice, help him get adjusted." The general instructed. She furrowed her brow, "You're leaving already?"

"I have to. But I'll be back, I promise." He assured her. Lila rolled her eyes, tossing her staff to her other hand, "no worries I'll hold down the fort while you're gone."

"I know you will." He said, planting a kiss on her forehead. She waved him off, turning back towards me once he was gone. "What are you here for?" She asked, her eyes stared into me like everyone else did. Displeased, unkind, unsatisfied. "I'm an intern from Alluredry, I'm Apollo."

She nodded understandingly, "who came with you?"

"My girlfriend, Audrey." The word felt foreign on my lips, I never once would've guessed I'd be saying her name in the same sentence as 'my girlfriend' even if it were a lie. Lila seemed disappointed, the staff shrunk in her hand into a small orb. She dropped her hand and the orb fell into place behind her, just above her shoulder. She pulled on a book, the shelves shifted and the room expanded, providing more space for the artifacts. I pursed my lips, stumbling away from the shelf moving beside me. Lila laughed, "nothing to be afraid of here."

"A warning would've been nice." I mumbled, making my way back to the front of the room. I tried to subtly scope the room for the goblet. The goblet was the only artifact that was said to be able to hold the water from the falls of purity which shielded the cave that held umbra quartz. I quickly realized the artifacts were in alphabetical order, and made my way to the front of the room. The goblet was in the isle where Lila had emerged, it was a cream colored cup, with silver detailing and black obsidian gems engraved around the bowl. Lila noticed my gaze trained on the cup. "That's my favorite too." She said, tucking a lock of soft purple hair behind her ear. "They say it held the water from the falls of purity, but that's not true." She purred. I frowned, "what did it do, then?"