31

"Apollo!" I shouted, chasing after him

"Apollo!" I shouted, chasing after him. I knew angels could be fast when they wanted to be, but it hadn't crossed my mind he'd care enough to want to get to her so quickly. "Where are you going?" He slowed and turned around, taking in a deep breath. "I know where she is."

"Where?" He paused, curling his lips. Shame crossed over his face and he glanced at the necklace in his hand. Audrey. "He took her to ineluctabilis." I had to fight the urge to drop the goblet in my hand, who would ever... he inhaled slowly, "look I don't want you to come with me. I need you to do something else."

I glanced at the cup in my head and back to her necklace. "Anything,"

"Hold on to the goblet, keep it safe. I'm going to the castle. Im going to speak to the queen." The sureness in his voice didn't convince me that this was a good idea at all. "And do what?" I scoffed. He sighed, "I'm gonna draw him out."

"What about Audrey?" I faltered. Apollo glanced back at the necklace, "Audrey will find her way out." He swore. I did not trust him, but Audrey was smart and I knew her power. It seemed he knew more about her, and he trusted her too. So I forced myself to believe she was fine. "What do you need from me?"

"I need you to find Mason, find out what Nurse Aiden knows and go after Nurse Hannah."

I fumed, "Are you insane?"

"I'm not asking you to trust me, Victoria. But I need you to do this." He pleaded with me. All of my instincts told me to run in the other direction, this was not my problem, and I had no business being in this situation to begin with. But I remembered Audrey's face the night the demons first attacked her and I hadn't let her go through it alone then. I won't now. I clenched the goblet in my hand and looked Apollo in the eyes, "tell me the plan."