Mandatory Movie Marathon

Elijah had called me a little while after I got home from meeting him at the park. He said he'd be at the house to pick me up on Friday. I was excited. I texted him my address and waited for Friday night.

It was now Wednesday, I was grocery shopping with Bill. "Are you excited for your date on Friday with Elijah?" He asked me as he put a thing of strawberries into the cart. I nodded. "Yeah, it's just, I don't think it will work." I said. "Why not? You haven't shut up about him since yesterday, and you met him yesterday." Bill explained.

I rolled my eyes. "I already know this, Bill." I said as we continued down the isle. "Alice, I'm just saying, you met him yesterday. Your first date with him is Friday. You won't know until you know." He shrugged.

"What if I never know?" I asked. "Then you move on." Bill told me. I nodded, my mind automatically going to Tom. I'm convincing myself that what I'm feeling isn't real, that's is just some stupid trauma response, rebound fuckery, or some shit after all the shit that happened with Logan.

But Jesus fucking Christ it's hard trying to convince yourself.

Bill and I eventually got home and put everything away. After that, I went to my room. 

When I moved to Germany 9 years ago, I didn't know how much my life would change. And after I dropped out of school, I didn't know what I was going to do with my life, and how much that would make my life change too.

As I was growing up though, I always loved drawing and painting, my dad used to say I'd be some big famous artist some day. Things change. I still draw, paint, and what not, my dad, my mom, they have no idea what was happening in my life. And they haven't known for the last 4 years, going on 5.

I hadn't drawn in a long time. Logan didn't like me spending my time on it.

I sighed and grabbed my sketchbook from my desk drawer and set down at my desk. I flipped to a new page and grabbed a pencil. I turned on some music and as soon as the pencil hit the paper, I was drawing. I got really focused and engulfed when I drew things, sometimes I didn't even know what I was actually drawing till I was done.

About an hour or so passed and I finally put down my pencil. I looked at my work and my eyes went wide. "How the fuck." I said as I picked up the sketchbook and brought it closer to my face. It was Tom.

Everything down to the last detail. His eyes, his nose, his lip ring, his eyebrows, his hair, his hat. I stared at it. "What the fuck is happening." I asked myself confused. As I was still staring at the drawing in shock my door opened.

"What's that?" The person asked, knocking me out of my thoughts. I know that voice all to well. I looked up and saw Tom. I quickly closed the sketchbook and threw it across the room, it landed under the window.

"Uhm, it was, it was nothing. Uhm, y'know what, it was a drawing of a dog....yeah, a dog. A pit bull in fact." I said nervously.

"Yeah, okay." Tom said, not believing me. I shook my head. "What the fuck do you want? Your laundry's done, your rooms cleaned, I made you and Bill breakfast this morning, oh and my lip is pierced thanks to you, so what could you possibly fucking want Tom?" I asked. He raised his hands up in defense.

"Hey, I haven't done shit to you recently." He said. "No, but you've been doing shit to Bill." I said. "I'll apologize." He said.

"Then I suggest you do it soon." I told him. He rolled his eyes. "Y'know what, fine. If it keeps you from fucking hating me for the time being and for Bill and I to stop fighting...I'm calling a fucking Mandatory Movie Marathon." Tom said aggravated.

My eyes went wide. I hadn't heard that term in so long. A Mandatory Movie Marathon was something that Bill and I invented when we were 10. We'd watch movies for a whole night, build a fort and everything when we needed a pick me up from life. Tom knew they existed, but he never participated in them, and he never fucking called one into action.