T w e n t y - s i x

·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·

.·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·.
┊       ┊             ┊       ┊
┊       ┊       ☆       ┊        ┊
┊        ☆                   ☆           ┊
★                                               ★

Scotland, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, 25th December, 1991

As the twins tore the parcel open, a shining material became visible. It looked like a piece of cloth, Lily noted.

  "No way!" Ron gasped in shock, putting aside the box of Bertie Bott's beans he was eating next to the book he was given by Lily.

   Lilith picked up the silvery cloth and was amazed by how soft and fluid it felt, almost like water. She stood up and held it against her body, curious to see what it was. Then, she heard her friends inhale sharply, followed by Harry's panicked voice.

  "What's happened to her?!"

  "I know what that is!" Ron gasped with amazement, getting closer to Lily and inspecting the cloth with wide eyes. "It's an invisibility cloak!"

  "It exists?!" Eva looked down at her body and was in disbelief when all she saw was the floor, as if she wasn't there at all. "Come here, Harry," she beckoned her brother over and, when he got closer, Lilith threw the cloak over his shoulders and breathed out in surprise, "Your body's invisible now!"
  While Harry had made his way towards the mirror and was mesmerised with his own reflection, Ron had picked up something from the floor. "I think this fell out the parcel when you guys opened it." He handed Lily a small piece of parchment.

  It read,

   Your father left this in my possession before he died. It is time it was returned to you. Use it well.
   A Very Merry Christmas to you both.

  "No signature..." the ginger sighed, pursing her lips as she thought, who could possibly be this person? Another mystery had arisen, so it seemed.

  "Who's it from?" Harry asked once he had returned to their side and was taking the cloak off his shoulders.

  "It doesn't say," Ron replied. "Anyway, invisibility cloaks are very rare. I'd give anything to have one! "

  "The note says that it once belonged to our father, though," Lily added, looking at her brother meaningfully.

  "Let's use it well, then!" Harry smiled softly, folding the cloak carefully.

  Before anyone could say anything else, Fred and George came bursting from the common room's entrance, both wearing two blue sweaters with the letters F and G written on it, respectively. As they pestered Ron, Harry took this opportunity to whisper in his sister's ear, "I'm going to hide this beneath my bed, alright?"
   Noticing that Harry didn't want to get the twins' attention, Eva nodded her head even though she was confused with his decision and would definitely ask him later.