T w e n t y

·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·

.·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·.
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ☆ ┊ ┊
┊ ☆ ☆ ┊
★ ★

Scotland, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, 12th November, 1991

Lily watched her brother and the Slytherin seeker fly after the Golden Snitch with great fascination, imagining what it would feel like to be able to ride a broom like them. "Maybe next year..." she inwardly sighed.

Ron, who was sitting beside the ginger, glanced at her and gave her a knowing smile. "I know what that sigh means."

Eva turned to look at him with wide eyes. "Oh, you heard that? Sorry... I just—"

"Wonder what is like to be the youngest seeker of the century?" the boy finished, a small smile tugging at his lips.

   Despite her will, Lily flushed, feeling like her friend had seen through her like water. "I'm happy for Harry! I am, really. But I can't help but feel... like I'm lesser than him, if that makes sense?"

   Ron nodded his head, before patting her shoulder sympathetically. "It makes sense to me. I know how you feel, Lily. I'm the youngest of six brothers and my family doesn't have much, so I never had anything to call my own." It was now Lilith's turn to nod her head. "Everything's just been passed down to me, even Scabbers. He used to be Percy's, but now he's a prefect and my parents got him a new owl..." Ron trailed off, giving the girl an awkward loop-sided smile.

"Thanks, Ron." She smiled back and the Weasley dropped his hand from her shoulder. "If you ever need to talk, I'm here."

"Same here."

   Their conversation came to an end just in time for them to see Marcus Flint blocking Harry's path, sending his broom spiralling out of control and with him hanging on it for dear life. Lilith gasped and much like her other housemates, she felt annoyed. "That brute! Oh, if only I was up there!"

"Foul!" other students yelled.

"Red card! Red card!" Dean shouted, leaving everyone around him, except Hermione, at a loss.

Ron was the first one to show his confusion. "Red card?"

"In soccer when you do something like this, you're shown the red card and told to leave the field."

"Soccer?" Neville repeated, the unfamiliar word rolling off his tongue with great difficulty. Although the concept was foreign to Lilith, she remembered hearing the word from many male Muggles, who often stumbled around with flushed faces in their small town.

Dean just sighed, not even bothering to explain any further. "Never mind..."

Hermione got closer to the two gingers so she could whisper in their ears, "I'll explain it to you guys when the match is over."