T w e l v e

·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·

.·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·.
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ☆ ┊ ┊
┊ ☆ ☆ ┊
★ ★

Scotland, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, 9th September, 1991

   Waking up at around 6 am had become a habit for Lily. She'd wake up in complete silence since most of her roommates were still asleep and two or three, who were used to waking up early like her, would decide to enjoy the peaceful mornings. Hermione was one of those girls. Usually, the girls would wave at each other from their beds and quietly get ready for another day at Hogwarts.
   Today was Monday, much to Lilith's dismay. Her first weekend at Hogwarts had passed by so quickly that she barely had the time to register everything that had happened. The only highlights the girl could think of was playing in the school grounds with Ron and Harry, reading at the library with Hermione and exchanging a few letters with uncle Remus.

Thankfully, she had managed to do all her homework throughout the weekend and had nothing to worry about in the meantime, so she took her time getting dressed, brushing her hair and doing other minimal things. By the time she got down the common room, it was 6:45 am and only some early birds like her were there. The sunlight coming from the window of the Gryffindor Tower illuminated the whole room, making all the colours seem more vibrant and Lily couldn't help but sigh happily, wanting to enjoy this peace forever.

Then, she remembered that first years were supposed to receive a letter from Madam Hooch, their professor, concerning their class where they were supposed to practise their flying skills. The thought of it made Eva worried, she had never ridden a broom before since Remus didn't have the money to buy it and she didn't have the heart to ask him for one. The girl already knew how much trouble Uncle Moony had with the bills as she and Harry grew up. But Mrs. McGonagall and Mr. Dumbledore would always help them when they desperately needed it and never asked for anything in return.
  Shaking her head, Lily organised her thoughts and walked over to the notice board where anything related to the lions would appear, from classes to advertisements of Quidditch and secret parties the older students would organise. She quickly scanned the board until her eyes fell on a piece of yellow parchment that read.

BROOM FLIGHT CLASS AT 2PM
GRYFFINDOR AND SLYTHERIN
TRAINING GROUNDS

It was signed by Madam Hooch herself, yet Lily couldn't believe how unlucky she was. "Why Slytherin out of every house?!" She groaned, already mentally preparing herself for an afternoon full of Malfoy being a complete arse towards her, Harry and Ron.
But, on the other hand, she was curious about Theodore Nott ever since the other day, when he smiled at her for the very first time. He was like a puzzle she was trying to solve, but whenever she thought she had managed to get closer to him, it'd turn out she was wrong.

  "What can I do to make him trust me? Is it because I'm a Gryffindor that he runs away?" Lilith contemplated when a brilliant idea came to her, and she went back to her bedroom so she could get her school bag. The girl gathered the books she needed for today, before organising them as neatly as she could inside her bag. After that, she carefully ripped a piece of parchment that she had used to do her homework and wrote something down for Nott.
Content with her work, Lily folded it and put it inside her pocket as she left the dormitory, returning to the common room and waiting for her friends to wake up.