T w e n t y - f i v e

·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·

.·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·.
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ☆ ┊ ┊
┊ ☆ ☆ ┊
★ ★

Scotland, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, 23rd December, 1991

  The hold on Theodore's wrist was starting to ache and the tall boy made sure his concerns were heard by the small ginger girl that kept walking forward with a brisk pace, taking him somewhere he didn't know. "You can let go of my hand, now. Pretty sure it's about to fall off."

His snarky remark dispersed the thoughts she was deeply immersed in and the Gryffindor stopped walking, rather abruptly, which caused Theodore to almost stumble into her. "Sorry..."
  She turned around to face him directly, her lips pursed tightly as she dropped her hand to her side, releasing the Slytherin's wrist in the process.

"What was all that about?" Theodore Nott crossed his arms over his chest as he observed her freckled face, becoming attentive to every single expression she made.

Her green eyes averted from his face to the stone floor as she nervously played with her hair. "I was hoping we could have this talk away from prying eyes and ears. Preferably inside a classroom."

Theo nearly scoffed before grabbing her hand and practically dragging her inside the nearest classroom, which turned out to be a vacant room normally used for studying by Gryffindors. He closed the door behind him and then took a seat, looking at the ginger expectantly. "Well?"

Eva sighed before taking a seat beside him, biting the inside of her cheek as she thought of way to tell him what had been happening since the beginning of the year. "It all started when Harry and I went to Diagon Alley with Hagrid —" Theodore was about to open his mouth to interject, but Lilith quickly beat him to it. "—Yes, the Keeper of Keys and Grounds of Hogwarts, Rubeus Hagrid. He's a nice person, you know." Theo just shrugged his shoulders, clearly not interested in the half-giant.
  "Anyway... we went to Gringotts, to retrieve some money, but then Hagrid told the goblin he had to take something important out of a vault —vault 314, I think —and he took us with him. Asked not to tell a single soul about it, too. And we didn't until we learned that someone had broken into that same vault a few days later. They didn't take anything, of course, but something about the timing didn't make it seem coincidental."

"Makes sense to me," the Slytherin chimed, his brows furrowing with growing interest.

"We told Ron about it, but we didn't really do anything about it since nothing else happened after that. That was until Malfoy challenged Harry to a wizard's duel —"

"He did what?" Theodore's incredulous voice ringed through the empty classroom, startling Eva.

"Merlin, maybe a warning next time?" The girl put a hand over her chest, glaring at the lanky boy. "Yes, he challenged Harry to a wizard's duel. Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but it happened."