E i g h t

·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·

.·:*¨✧ ☽ ✧¨*:·.
┊       ┊             ┊       ┊
┊       ┊       ☆       ┊        ┊
┊        ☆                   ☆           ┊
★                                               ★

Hogwarts Express, September 1 , 1991

   As the sun hid its rays behind a mountain, the trio realised it was sunset and that they were soon to arrive at their final destination. They had dozed off a few times, even played a considerable amount of games and both Harry and Lilith enjoyed teaching Ron a few games they had invented themselves, since they didn't have a lot of friends their age. As the time passed, the children quickly realised they were arriving since they could see a village up ahead through the window.

  "We're arriving!" Ron exclaimed, a grin on his face as they pressed their faces close to the window, marvelled by the sight. Eva and Harry shared an enthusiastic look before inching even closer towards the window. Hedwig had already been put inside her cage and was constantly chirping, clearly irritated by the lack of space to roam around, and Scabbers was happily snoring inside Ronald's pocket.
When the train completely stopped, the trio began to leave their compartment, feeling excited and happy to stretch their legs after such a long ride. They were instructed to leave first by older students, the prefects, since they had to go through the lake as per tradition.

As soon as they got out of the Hogwarts Express, cold air welcomed their faces, making them shiver, yet the thrill they were feeling was enough to keep them warm.
  "Firs' years, this way please!" Harry and Lily could hear Hagrid shout and when they saw the half-giant, they quickly ran up to him and hugged him.

  "Hello, Hagrid!" The twins looked up, smiling at the enormous man. Meanwhile, Ron had stayed behind them and was staring at the man's size in astonishment.

Rubeus gently smiled their way, before he continued to do his job. "C'mon, this way ter the boats! C'mon, now!"
  The newly formed trio followed the half-giant from the train station in Hogsmeade to a beautiful lake that made Lilith gasp in fascination. The reflection of the stars and the moon was shimmering like smoke and the sight was enough to make all the first years amazed. As they approached the boats, Eva was a little apprehensive, but when Harry offered his hand she knew she would be alright. And so Ron, the Potter twins and Hermione traveled all together in one boat. The first years followed behind Hagrid, who had a boat just for himself.

The sight ahead of them was breathtaking. The illuminated Hogwarts castle stood there proudly as a new moon found it's way behind the clouds, making the moment ever so magical. As they stepped inside a cave, that appeared to be underneath the castle, Hagrid told them to follow him and he began to advance towards one of the castle's door.
The half-giant knocked three times and it didn't take long before it opened to reveal an elegant looking witch that was patiently waiting for them, arms crossed over her chest as her slim fingers tapped against her upper arm.