Chapter XXV

Why in God's right mind is this BOY here?

I close my eyes and pray to myself.

Please God, Father of the Lord, anybody up there, save me from this heathing devil. He tried to take my life away Lord, I thought.

It was Dayjon.

I turned around and don't say a word to him. I hate him and I ain't forgiving him.

"Oh, you're mad at me now, huh ma? Can't talk to me?" Dayjon said.

I look around for any new customers. Why ain't they coming now, so I could have a distraction from Dayjon.

"Sheilah, don't be like that." His voice purred in my ear. "You weren't like that when I was all over you."

I whipped around. Angry.

"Dayjon, don't be tryna make it sound like we together. There was no "us" okay? You need to stop trippin' all over your shoelace for real, and why all of a sudden you work here? Stalking me now?"

He let his head throw back, laughing deeply. He had a nice laugh. And that black polo showing off his biceps and tattoos, and jeans with white shoes were sexy-

What the eff am I thinking!?

This boy tried to rape me at the party. Oh noooooo. He better keep it steppin' and leave.

"Ma, you cute when you get mad."

I blushed when he said that then frowned.

"But I ain't no creeper. Maybe we were put here in duh same place 'cause we were meant to be."

I smacked my lips, "Don't be putting coincidences and that romance shit into this." I leaned into him and hissed, "You know what shu did to me, and I ain't forgivin' you asshole."

He grinned like he won a puppy.

"You know you wanted it Sheilah. That I was the right guy for you all along. What's your white boy gonna do? Buy you love? Nah, ma, I'll show it n' send it in all the right ways."

I know his daring eyes were drillin' a hole in my brain.I pierced my lips together from saying anything. I turned around and ignored the hater who couldn't "have" me, but he was all breathing down my back.

I turned back around. "Can you like, swerve? Don't you have a job to attend?"

Dayjon's green eyes smiled, "Yeah ma. To bother you and keep you company."

Uggghhh! He's so annoying, but fine at the same time. I wanted to scream. All I wanted was a nice peaceful job, where I could get work done, but it seems like the chaos is following me.

Life wasn't getting any better.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"What's your name again?"

"Sheilah."

"Alright, you're on break."

I was kinda needing a break from standing so much and organizing shoes. I decided to head down to the food court and pick up some Chinese.

"What cha getting?"

Damn it! I turned my head to his voice!

"Boy, will you get off of my shoulder like-"

"Sheilah, I was in this line before you. You cut me, when I allowed a crowd of people to walk by, and I'm just asking what you want ma, I'll pay."

I roll my head at him, "First of all, stop calling me "ma", I ain't your boo or girl, and we ain't dating or anything, so I can pay for my OWN food."