Chapter II

The bell rang for lunch, and I headed to look for my little crew. They were at the front doors of the main entrance. I guess we were takin' out. I caught up with them. L'taija and Travis started making out right when I almost got there, but they didn't see me. I pulled them apart.

"How many freakin' times y'all gonna smooch? I get it! That's great, you guys love each other, okay, lets go!"

They both looked at me in shock, and I started walking out the door. Behind me I heard L'taija say "hello to you too" then feet walking. We made it to Travis's dark blue Lexus in silence. He tried looking for his keys in his pocket, while L'taija was staring me down. I looked at her with my eyebrows raised.

She spoke, " Is everything okay?"

"Yeah.... why?" I asked.

Travis clicked the doors and we hop in.

She turned around in her seat, " You were a little moody girl."

I shrugged my shoulders and looked out the window. Well I was a little jealous. I felt like the third wheel all of the time after she started dating Travis. We were like close and when he got in the picture, it was always just.... them. It annoyed me.

"Do y'all want music?" Travis asked, breaking the silence.

No one said anything.

"I guess that's a yes," he said under his breath.

"Clique" by Big Sean feat. Jay-Z and Kanye West was set on low volume. At least the ride wouldn't be so awkward. We drove up to Popeyes to drive-thru, and Travis ordered for us. He knew what we liked by memory. We had our mash potatoes, chicken, and sodas.

Breaking the silence, I asked, "Do you just run outta money one day Travis?"

He looked in the rear-view mirror with his hazel eyes and replied, "Girl, I got a nice job to handle all dat, okay? As long as I'm keeping my ladies happy, I have all the money in the world."

Damn. How many girls wanna hear that now and then?

"Damn boy. Respect to that," I said speechless.

He laughed at my comment and looked at L'taija with googly eyes. Great, here they go again, I thought.

They leaned towards each other, but before they could kiss, L'taija looked at my disgusted face and pulled away from him. Travis looked hurt and confused but continued driving till we got to the school.

"You know what Sheilah?" L'taija started.

Oh, Lawd. Here we go with HER thoughts that never end up good.

"What is it L'taija?" I asked.

She had a hint of a smile creasing her glossed lips, "Well, I think Sheilah needs a boo." She was grinning with being pleased with herself.

I was looking at her with a blank face. Was my girl serious? I got out of the car and started walking near the tree to eat. Travis and L'taija followed with food. They plopped down and looked at me waiting for an answer.

I pretended I had no idea, so I asked, "What?"

L'taija moved her hands around tryna say "Well?"

I thought about it. For a few more seconds, they stared at me eating their lunch and waiting for a response.

"Well, who exactly do you have in mind?" I asked.

Travis finished his lunch and leaned back on his hands.

"Well, I think you should be with Dayjon," Travis suggested.

L'taija beamed and replied, "Yeaaahh! He's real sexy girl!"

Travis looked at her, and she shrugged her shoulders as in "What?"

I blushed a little because all these bitc..... I mean, girls, were head over heels in love with him. Plus, Dayjon was a big flirt too. He knew how to flirt with all the girls. Some of them even think he has a thing for them. But I know good as well, he doesn't want any of them since he's still single. He had the green-eyes, was mixed black, white, and Tai, and was a basketball player because of his height. He wasn't gigantic, but he was a good height for me (Just sayin'). He had the muscles and the adorable face girls smile on. He was everything.

"OOOOhhh, girl, look at you glowing over there," L'taija said interrupting my thoughts.

I turned pink even more.

"I don't like him like that," I argued. Even though at times he would holla at me in the hallway and fifty other girls as well......

"Aye, I think you should give it a shot." Travis said.

I sucked teeth, shrugging it off, "Actually, I'm good."

"No, you're not!" L'taija fought.

I gave her a look, and she gave me one back. We rolled our eyes at the same time, then laughed. Travis looked at us confused.

"Y'all are weird."

And we laughed some more.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥