Chapter XX

"Aubrey, why are you crying? You got what you wanted didn't you?"

We were in her room and she was bawling. Again.

"The way he looked at me," she sniffed, "Hurt so much, I almost broke down in front of him."

I sighed, "Do you at least.... love him or whatever?"

"I don't know anymore," she whispered. And we sat in silence thinking.

I couldn't take this young love thing anymore. I felt bad enough for Aubrey and Dalton, but Aubrey's not doing one thing to improve the relationship. She's just makin' it worse.

"Well, I'm gonna go eat some ice cream, see ya in a bit," I said.

"'Kay, bye." she softly said. 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

While watching TV and eating ice cream, my cell phone rings. I picked it up.

"Heyyy beautiful," Wesley answered soothingly.

He even sounds good over the phone. Just like the song, "Kiss Me Thru the Phone," needs to happen NOW.

I goofly smiled like an idiot.

"Heyy what's up?"

"Watching some football and thinking about you, so I had to call."

My lips were about to fall off from smiling so hard! Ughh, Wesley is..... girls WISH they had him.

"Aww, you'd been thinking about me?"

There was a pause.

"Yep." he said.

"You know you want to scream yes, don't hide it."

Wesley sighed as I could hear the smile in his voice, "Ahhh, Sheilah, like black people put it, you're somethin' else, I swear."

I laugh. "You got that right."

He chuckles. "I heard you were looking for me, and that you and Aubrey came by. Did she beat the crap out of Dalton? He won't come out of his room, and it's been....six hours."

"Sort of. She just threw the gifts he gave her at him, but she was beyond pissed."

"Oh? Because Dalton won't answer or talk to anybody and my mom's mad too."

"Why?"

"Aubrey made him stay in his room and won't come out. But he'll be good by morning. I promise. Also, I wanted to call because your wedding shopping with me."

"Who's getting married?"

"Aunt Tay. The one you met at the dinner party."

That crazy lady is getting married?! I can't believe it.

"She isss? To who?"

"Yep. And some rich guy that owns two homes in another country. I guess he likes outgoing women." Wesley said reading my mind.

No kidding.

"So yeah, she actually wanted you to come so you can help out with dresses and what not. For everybody but me."

I giggle. "True. And yeah, I guess I could go. Tell me when tomorrow. 'Kay boo?"

"Yeah, and you sound like you're leaving."

"I have to check Aubrey and mother her. Ya know, calm her down, give her attention and affection, but I'll see you later, right?"

"All day, everyday."