Chapter XIII

I sat at Wesley's table in the cafeteria. Okay, not that people knew we were together, but Travis invited me to sit with them. Travis and L'taija still don't talk to each other, which irritates me a lot. But what ticks me off more is jet-black haired beeyotch, is sitting next to my man. With my man.

She was scooted very close to him, and she rested her arm near his.

Wesley didn't notice because he was talking to another guy at the table.

I gave her a piercing stare while she smiled, giving me the same.

"You know." A black-haired guy with light freckles around his nose and gray eyes said at the table, "Wesley and Brooke would make a good couple. Am I right guys?"

Some of the guys nodded their heads. Even Travis.

Wesley remained a straight face. "I'm okay Aaron, I have enough time on my hands."

"But you're single aren't you? And girls have been throwing themselves on you, it's kinda wierd how you decline from that....?" Aaron pushed.

Wesley stared at him blankly."I'm straight if you must know Aaron, I am interested in women."

"Alright, then prove it. Ask Brooke on a date."

You have to be joking me! Noooooo, Wesley don't do it! I scream in my head.

Wesley glanced at me, then Aaron, back at me to Brooke.

Ohhhh shit, he's gonna do it!

"Brooke," he took a paused, "Will you go out with me?"

All the guys cheered, Yeaaaah! and I dropped my spoon I was holding, on the ground. Travis asked me was I okay, and I weakly smiled I'm fine, and had to use the bathroom. I got up and noticed Wesley with his desperate-pleading face, and Brooke the Beeyotch, smirking at me. I was gonna tear that girl up into pieces as soon as I get my hands on her!

I tried storming out of the cafeteria without looking like something was up. I walked as fast as I could outta there.

By the time I almost made it to the bathroom, someone spun my waist around and pulled me in. I placed my hands on his chest to back up.

"Sheilah, I'm sorry, what did you want me to do? Tell them I was dating you? I thought we were keeping that on the low."

"Yea, but Wesley you didn't have to ask her. You just let Aaron use you like that so they wouldn't think you're gay. But no you asked that...."

I didn't even wanna say her name.

Wesley sighed, "We're really not going on a date Sheilah, I'll call it off and make an excuse..."

"Wesley, this might sound like a crazy-ballistic question, but... did you hook up with Brooke durin' the summer when you moved here?" I ask.

He looked me straight in the eye, then at the ground. "Yeah."

I smack my hand on my thigh. He jumped.

"Wesley you're a liar! I thought you said you were into black chicks, but really, you were playing me tryna get something!" I pointed to the V.

"I'm not tryna get into your pants Sheilah, and I am! That was one night and a summer ago. It doesn't matter anymore."

"You could've told me!"

"You didn't know who the hell she was!"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "So you think I don't "know" anybody now?"

"I didn't say that," Wesley whispered.

"You were referring to it."

I walked passed him. Wesley tried to grab my wrist, but I yanked it away.