Chapter VIII

When I got infront of him he quietly said, "Hey."

"Don't hey me, you know why I'm here."

Wesley sighed, "Okay, just... let me get this stuff off." He started walking around his house, not to the door. I followed.

We made it at the side of the house, and he picked up a brand-new green hose, and splashed water on his face.

I scrunched my nose.

"Why don't you wash your face inside? Isn't that what sinks are for too...?" I asked.

Wesley smiled still splashing water.

"My mom doesn't want dirt in the house."

"So?"

"That's why are floors are so clean."

I roll my eyes because he made no sense. He turned off the water shakin' some of it out of his hair. Wesley begans slowly brushing his hand through his hair.

I cross my arms over my chest. "Well....?"

"Okay, Sheilah," he started, "I really um... like you, I do, and when I asked you out I was pretty sure that you would say yes....."

Pretty sure?

".....But you shot me down 'cause.... I'm white." Wesley said white flatly.

Ugh..... He was so adorable confessing his secret love for me. But I wasn't taking it.

"Well, if you so, "liked me" then why were you datin' that..... that fake blonde!!??"

"To make you jealous!"

"Really? Well congradulations, it worked."

Welsey groaned, "I wasn't tryna get you to hate me or anything, Sheilah."

"Wesley-" I said. But he keeps on going.

"I won't force you to go with me. Since you don't have the same feelings for me."

"Wesley...!"

"I won't even talk about it. We could be....."

"WESLEY!" I shouted.

He cocked his head to one side, snapping out of his thoughts, and I leaned on their house.

"I like.... you too and maybe wanna...go out with you."

He started walking toward me till there wasn't much space between us. My heart was beating outta my chest. I could smell his weak cologne float around me.

"Maybe?" Wesley asked, placing his hand next to my head.

"Yeah...." I squeaked.

He leaned in me, brushing his lips on my cheek. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

"You have no idea what it would be like dating a white boy."

My cheeks flushed.

"Well," I whispered . "I've had enough experience and dated tons of guys before you."

Wesley placed a lopsided grin on his face, and looked into my eyes. Blood was rushin' to my feet.

"You haven't had experience until you've been with me."

Then, he leaned in closer until our noses almost touched. He gazed at my lips, and bit his lower lip, making me want him even more. He gracefully brushed his lips on mine, but I wanted more, so I pressed my lips on him. My body exploded from gettin' it on, and butterflies raced in my stomach. You know, love crap like that.