Part 17: Wounded

Naruto POV:

I can't believe that happened!

I thought they were friends.

We took Memory to a nearby hospital.

Menma was still crying in my arms as we waited together with Hinata and Atena.

''Shhh Menma, everything is going to be alright.''

 I try to comfort him but he just won't stop crying.

It breaks my heart to see him like this!

''I almost killed her, mama! I almost killed her! Why??! Why did I!! I am the worst person who ever lived!!'' He cried out.

''No no no, Menma, ya know, mama and dad had also alot of fights when we were your age and up and dad almost killed mama several times. Actually we both did.'' I say and stroke Menma's raven hair.

''Naruto-kun, this is nothing like what happened with you and Sasuke-kun! My daughter could've been killed!!'' Hinata yelled.

''Hinata, stop! You're making it worse for Menma!''

''As if I should care! He almost killed my daughter!!!'' Hinata yelled even louder, making my ears hurt.

''Menma!'' A male voice said. 

I turn my head and see a pale kid with light blue hair and yellow eyes run toward us with a worried expression on his face.

''I heard about the fight! Are you okay, Menma?'' He asked, worryingly.

''Oh, hi, Sir Hokage! I am Mitsuki.'' The boy said and bowed his head slightly.

I smiled.

''Nice to meet you, Mitsuki.'' I say and shake his hand.

Mitsuki's yellow eyes drifted back to Menma.

''Menma, are you okay? You don't seem too wounded but...'' The boy looked around at Menma's body to see if there were any scratches or anything.

Then he stands up straight and smiles.

''You are fine.'' He says and smiles at both me and Menma.

I smile too.

Then a nurse come out of the room.

''She is fine. She just needs a couple of days to recover.'' The nurse says.

Menma immediately stands up and wipes his tears away.

''May...I see her?'' He asked in a gentle, soft voice.

The nurse smiled and let him step into the room.

I took Menma's hand and smiled at him.

''Everything will be alright.'' I say and he nods and walks into the room.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Menma POV:

I walk into the room and find my so-called friend on a hospital bed with a blood thingy beside.

Memory opens her eyes and looks at me.

I walk over to her slowly and sits down on the chair beside her bed.

We were hugged by an uncomfortable silence until I broke it.

''You don't....seem in so good shape...'' I say.

She looks at me and nods.

''I'm sorry, Menma...about everything. I was the one who started it..'' Memory says.