Chapter 4: An Innocent Man

At the Arrowcave

Diggle had woken up.

Oliver and Barry turned around in the spin chair they were sitting on.

Diggle was groaning as he rolled off the table getting up and he saw Barry and Oliver.

Barry says "Hey."

Diggle says "Barry? Oliver?"

Barry nods.

Diggle says "You're that vigilante."

Barry was about to say something when Diggle threw a punch at him

Barry says "Take it easy, Dig. You were poisoned."

Diggle yells "Son of bitch!"

And he threw another punch and Barry caught the punch and held him and pushes him over to the table.

Diggle grunts

Barry says "I could've taken you anywhere. Could've taken you home. But we brought you here."

Diggle says "You did lose your mind on that island. And you're dragging your brother with you?"

Barry says "Found a couple of things." 

Diggle says "What, archery classes?"

Barry says "Clarity."

Barry steps forward and says "Starling City is dying. It is being poisoned by a criminal elite... who doesn't care who they hurt... as long as they maintain their wealth and power."

Diggle says "And what are you gonna do, take them all down by your lonesomes?"

Oliver says "No. No, we want you to join us."

Barry says "Special Forces out of Kandahar. It's perfect. You're a fellow soldier."

Diggle says "Barry, Oliver, you two are not soldiers. You two are criminals. And a murderer."

At the Queen Manor

Barry and Oliver walked in and sighed.

Barry says "I thought that was gonna go better."

Oliver says "I thought so too."

They walk around the stairwell and started to walk up the stairs when they heard Laurel say "Where were you two?"

Barry turns and sees her and he says "What are you doing here? I thought you were home?"

Laurel says "I was. Then I heard about the shooting and wanted to make sure you were okay."

Oliver says "You did?"

Laurel says "Yeah. I knocked on the door and I found a family terrified for you two. They had no idea where you were."

Barry says "Oh."

Laurel says "Are you so self-centered that you don't think that people who care about you are gonna wonder where you are after you all got shot at?"

Barry says "You're right."

Laurel says "I made peace with your selfishness a long time ago, Barr... But Moira, Thea, and Walter, they don't deserve that." 

Barry says "Neither do you. Okay. After everything happened. I needed to be by myself. And I probably scared Dawn, but not coming home."

Laurel says "Or the phone call that you missed from Ella. I took it and set a meeting with her."

Barry says "Laurel, I'm sorry. I just..."

Laurel says "Needed to be by yourself. I know. Next time come to my home when you want to be by yourself so that I can tell your family that you wanted to be alone."