Chapter 9: Year's End

At the Arrowcave

Barry and Diggle were doing self-defense moves

Tommy and Oliver were doing the same.

Barry says "Nice. Picking up the pace."

Diggle says "I could say the same thing about you."

As they continue to self-defense move with knives faster.

Diggle says "You and Oliver crossed three names off your guys' father's list this week alone."

Barry says "Yeah, well, some of these guys are just giving it up now. All we gotta do is pay 'em a visit."

Diggle says "It seems the Vigilantes' reputations are beginning to precede them."

And Barry slashed Diggle and he grunts.

And Oliver did the same to Tommy and he grunts.

Barry asks "Another round?"

Diggle says "No."

Tommy says "What is the point in this? Like for real guys?"

Barry says "Tommy, this is teaching you how to be in touch with more of your surroundings. You got to pay attention to your opponent's movements."

Diggle says "I gotta take my nephew over to the mall so he can let Santa know what he wants for Christmas."

Barry says "Christmas." he sighs and continues "I didn't even realize."

Diggle says "Probably because you and Oliver's been logging in so many hood hours ever since that thing with Helena. And Possibly a third will join you when you think Tommy's ready."

Tommy says "I know right? I never thought that I would be doing this at all. Being a spoiled rich kid to a skilled fighting vigilante... that's mental."

Oliver chuckles and says "Same with me. I never thought I'd be doing this. I just wanted to do it so that Barry wasn't alone."

Diggle says "And you guys are doing awesome together as a team. We are doing amazing as a team."

Tommy says "We are an awesome Team."

Barry says "And I meant, with the I didn't realize that it was Christman... that there were no holidays on the island. That just... Every day was... how do I stay alive? And to do that, you had to forget things... like Christmas. My dad threw a party every year and he would put a Christmas tree in every room. The whole mansion smelled like..."

Tommy, Oliver, and Barry say in unison "...it smelled like Christmas."

Diggle says "Maybe you guys can give the list a rest and just enjoy the holidays with your family. Besides, I hear St. Nick has a list of his own. I wager you three are in the nice column. Go home, guys."

And Diggle leaves.

Tommy says "He's right. Should we go back to the penthouse and set up a party there or at the Queen Mansion?"

Oliver smiles and says "We haven't had a Christmas party since the day, Dad and Barry left."

Barry looks and says "You guys spent five years without Christman?"

Oliver says "It wasn't your fault, Barr. We just... didn't feel all jolly to celebrate Christman."

Barry looks back at the island

Flashback

Barry was resting against the wall of the cave and heard rock rumbling.

The light blinded Barry and he saw Yao Fei enter.