Chapter 13: Betrayal

At the Arrowcave

The three archers told Diggle about the list that Felicity gave them.

Diggle says "So this book contains a list of the names of the guys you've been hunting. And this book, your mother's has the same list of names."

Barry says "It's identical."

Diggle says "So where did your guys' mother get her copy, Barry? For that matter, who gave it to you guys?"

Tommy says "Felicity Smoak. She said that Walter found it in their bedroom."

Diggle says "And now he's missing."

Oliver says "She's our mother, Diggle. She's not the kind of person who would--"

Diggle says "Has her husband disappeared? Because that's really the question, isn't it, Barry? Oliver? I understand why you three would believe your mother over your stepfather but I tend to believe the innocent party is whoever's missing 'and presumed dead'."

Tommy asks "Why are you calling her my mother?"

Diggle says "You said that the Queens took you in when your father disappeared. That they adopted you. Is that not true?"

Tommy says "It is, but my Dad fought to get custody of me."

Diggle says "It's still your mother believe it or not."

Tommy says "Yeah."

At the Queen Manor

Barry, Oliver, and Tommy knock on their mother's door.

Barry says "Hey. Heading out?"

Moira says "Oh, yes. It's a meeting with the financial planners."

All three boys were looking at something.

Moira asks "Are you three alright?"

Tommy asks "You are like my mother, yeah?"

Moira says with a smile "Yeah. I did adopt you with Robert when your father left."

Tommy says "Well there's something I want-- no we wanted to talk to you about."

She walks closer to them and Oliver pulled out the list of their mothers and says "We want to talk to you about Walter."

Barry says "Right around Christmas, when he... disappeared..."

Oliver hands his mother the book and she looks at it.

Barry says "He gave us this."

Moira says "This is your father's notebook. He kept a list of all the people in Starling City who owned him favors. I had... no idea there were so many of them."

Tommy says "We've been researching some of those names online, and, um they're not good people."

Moira says "Boys, I have no idea what your guys' father was involved in or with whom. And you boys and your sister all now know that he wasn't exactly honest with me."

Oliver says "Then we need to find out--"

Moira says "No. If what you three say is true and this list is filled with bad people and Walter was looking into it, and now he--" She looks at the book for a second before throwing it in the fireplace in her room.

Moira says "The only way to keep this family safe is for everyone in it to stop asking questions including you three, Barry, Oliver, and Tommy. Promise me.

Back at the Arrowcave

Diggle asks "You three don't find that a little convenient here, she just so happens to have burned the book?"