Free falling

It was an odd feeling to fall without trying to stop yourself. Halfway down he grabbed at the rope to slow down slightly and hit the sidewalk. It hurt, God it hurt like a mother! Bruises where already popping up all over his body, but Clint stayed still till the camera swiveled away and began sticking the tracker in the mouse, then laid down his bow and whispered " goodbye" .
Then he ran into the shadows just in time to see the camera swivel to a pile of ashes and chunks of bow that was a mouse. No not a mouse he thought, that pile of ashes is me. Or at least it is to the avengers it's me. Allowing himself a tiny smirk he shouldered his extra bow and pack and disappeared into the streets of New York. He was no longer Clint Barton: Hawkeye, Je was now Clint Barton: A nobody. And he loved it.

/////////////////////////////////////
Late next morning most of the
avengers woke up with pounding heads, thanks to their rather rowdy celebrating last night. Tony, one of the heaviest drinkers, was the last to wander into the kitchen where Steve, Bruce and Natasha were sitting each nursing a cup of coffee and aspirins. Hearing Tony Natasha lifted her head.

"Have you seen Clint?" She croaked.

Tony chuckled " Legolas? He's probably training or in one of his nests, that party pooper didn't even have one drink."

"Not helping."

Tony sighed "Fine I'll have him paged or something," he tapped some things into his tablet " Jarvis will tell us when he is found"

The group sat in silence for a minute till Jarvis spoke, " Barton's pager is off and I can't find him with the cameras."

"See he's out of the building!" Tony declared.

" Clint never leaves without telling someone." Natasha said simply.

Bruce groaned " Tony just look on the cameras and find where he is, so we can go back to silence. Some of us are hungover."

Tony said nothing and pulled up a couple live images of Clint's favorite places. His room, the top of the stairs, the training room and the roof. Each one was empty.

"See?" Steve said rather annoyed " he isn't here, he's probably outside somewhere"

Natasha stood up " Tony what's that spot on the roof?"

"I dunno, do I look like a spot expert?"

"That's a blood stain."

"Jarvis rewind the tapes to last night."

Within a second the roof feed sped backwards and then grew to take up the entire screen.

Natasha let out a strangled sound as Clint appeared on the screen, standing dangerously close to the edge. Clenching a gun in his hand.

Okay, okay.Natasha thought,This is normal, Clint usually has a gun with him.

Then she felt her heart stop as she saw him lift the gun over his heart and pull the trigger.