Marbles are memories

(Six days after Kate visited.)

Natasha decided that she hated
Mathew. It seemed that everyone did.

It was nothing against him, Mathew was a okay guy and a good sniper but he was just in the wrong team at the very wrong time.

The second the elevator pinged and he stepped out Natasha hated him with a malice.

He had black hair and even darker eyes making him look like a toddler,but he was shorter than Tony and way too muscle bound.

Dumb muscle! Natasha groaned inwardly. Seriously Fury? This is what you replace Clint with?

"Hi, my name is Mathew. I'm going to be your sniper." He smiled. His teeth were yellow and crooked.

"Hey, I'm Tony Stark. I own the building." Tony stood up and shook the tiny man's hand. "Bruce do you want to show him to his room?"

Bruce looked at Tony over the book he was reading on the couch. "Nah, Steve can."

Steve's eyes widened "Um maybe it'll be better if Natasha did that. She will be working with him more."

Natasha glared at Steve then looked at Tony, who was trying his best puppy dog face.

She groaned "Fine. Fallow me Mathew."

Mathew tried to make small talk with Natasha but quickly realized that small talk was not for Natasha. When they reached Clint's old room she turned to him.

"This is your room now. I'm going back to the living room,if you find anything bring it to me." Natasha spun on her heel and left Mathew in her dust by her old partner's door.

Back in the living room Tony, Steve and Bruce where sitting quietly. Natasha sat down on the couch and crossed her arms falling into a silent brooding.

Tony was the first to speak.

"Well what do you all think of Mathew?"

Steve frowned "Um he seems like an okay guy and-"

He was cut off by a rather pissed Natasha.

"I don't trust him. In fact I hate him ," She said simply.

"I'm with Nat." Bruce said not even looking up from his book.

"Come on guys he's not that bad." Steve tried to say politely but sighed "Who am I kidding? I hate him too."

"I miss Clint." Natasha said quietly.

"We all do." Tony rubbed her shoulder lightly and began to say something but was cut off by Mathew walking in and dropping a ugly cardboard box on the coffee table.

"What's this?" Tony asked Mathew as he began to walk out of the room.

"Box of junk." He shrugged " I dunno. It was under the bed. I'm gonna finish unpacking, bye." He wandered off down the hall.

Natasha leapt from the couch and all but tore the box open.

"What is it Nat?" Steve asked leaning in to look in the box.

"It's Clint's. Looks like a bunch of random things." She pulled out a cheap photo album and began to leaf through it.

There was a few old circus posters and tickets, nothing special until a few pictures fluttered out and fell at Tony's feet.

Picking them up Tony almost dropped them again.

The first was of a young smiling family. Clint's family. He handed the picture to Bruce who frowned and pointed at a blanket swaddled baby that the mother held.