Disspossible phone call

Tony reach into his pocket hastily and pulled his phone to his ear,

"Hello you have reached Tony Stark genius, playboy, billionaire, philanthropist. What can I do for you?"

The voice on the other end started of in a stream of words.

"Yes a funeral seems good."

"Why not ?"

"Wait what do you mean replacement?"

" How could you find someone so fast?"

"He's not disposable! You just can't replace-"

"He's apart of our team!"

The person on the other end said something and then Tony hung up.

"What was that about?" Steve pried.

"That was director Fury," Tony looked like a deflated balloon. "Agent Barton is now officially considered dead."

"Funeral plans?" Bruce didn't understand why Tony seemed so deflated.

"No, Fury said since Clint has no immediate relatives and his body is already gone a funeral would help no one. He says his agents are trained to work through loss."

"That's unfair. Every hero deserves a funeral." Steve whispered. No one said anything, they could tell he wasn't just talking about Clint but another man who fell. James Barnes.

"Tony what else did he say? I know Fury wouldn't phone you himself just to tell you there won't be a funeral. If it's about Clint I have every right to know." Natasha said carefully moving towards Tony.

Tony murmured something under his breath.

"What? Spit. It . Out . Tony ."

" Clint's replacement will be here next week." He whispered.

"What?"

" Fury is replacing Clint! He found a sharpshooter and he'll be here next week!" Tony shouted.

Natasha looked broken. " No.How could the find someone so fast?" She whispered and put her head in her hands.

Steve exploded " That's unfair! Clint was a person! They talk about him like he was disposable!"

Bruce put a hand on his arm, instantly shushing the super soldier. " It is unfair. But yelling about it and crying will do no good. Even if we didn't know Clint all that well we all know one thing about him; he hated to be seen as weak and he never wanted other people to suffer for him. So stop it, fulfil his last request and stop suffering over him."

"He's right." Natasha said softly " Clint would have laughed at me for being so emotional. I'm gonna start cleaning the H off the door, no need for the new guy to live in a shadow."

And so off Natasha slunk to scrape away her partners sign from the door.