Pile of ashes

All the Avengers watched in horrified silence as his body tumbled off the tower. Tony instantly paused the tape, not needing to see the end to know what had happened.

Steve looked like he was going to puke. Bruce looked ghostly . Natasha looked like she was going to cry, scream and kill someone all at once. Tony was just slack jawed.
Silence fell over the table like a wave, finally Tony spoke up.

" We need to find his body, we don't want some unsuspecting citizen to stumble over him in their morning commute. That would look really bad for all of us."

Steve jumped out of his seat " A man just died and all you can think about is your own image?! He was an Avenger!"

Tony stood up from the table and gave Steve a hard look, "You think I don't know that?! He was just as much my teammate as he was yours, so don't get so high and mighty with me!"

"High and mighty?" Steve gave Tony a withering glare " Don't you start with me-"

"Quit it!" Natasha slammed her fist on the table. " You are acting like children!"

" All I was saying is that we can't leave a body out in the open like that." Tony defended.

"There isn't going to be a body out there Tony." Bruce said quietly from the corner.

"What do you mean no body? We all saw Clint take the bullet and fall, it's not like he walked away from that."

" His tracker." Bruce replied looking a bit sick." Shield's trackers self-destruct if there is no pulse for more than thirty seconds, if you go out there now you'll be lucky to find a pile of ashes and maybe some chunks of burnt bow."

Natasha looked like she was a fate worse than death " I'm gonna..." She trailed off, then walked out of the room. The rest stared at each other, not sure what the next move was. Finally Tony spoke:
"We should probably inform shield, and I , I don't know."

Bruce sighed " I'm going to the lab, see you all later."

Then all that was left was Steve and Tony.

Both of them staring at one spot. The chair next to Natasha's spot. The chair that no one would sit in with the threat of an arrow in the foot. A chair that was now empty, and they both knew why.