In the apartment closet

Tony quickly notified Jarvis to send Bruce up stairs. With in a couple minutes Bruce came jogging down the hallway and frowned when he saw the spray painted door they were standing near.

"What's going on?"

No one answered him. He could figure it out in a minute.

Letting out another sigh Natasha ushered the boys into Clint's room " Come on let's get this over with."

/////////////////////////////////////

The second the other avengers entered the room they were astonished. It was not like Clint's room was laid out any different from any of their rooms, in fact it was a carbon copy of their rooms. It had a small kitchenette, a sitting room, a bedroom and a bathroom, it was completely normal except for one thing. Clint's space looked like nothing had even lived in it. What sparse furniture he had was still covered in the plastic that Tony had had it sent in. The walls were a cold egg shell colour. Not a thing in the kitchenette looked as if Clint had ever cooked with it. The only thing that made the kitchenette look like someone had stepped into it was a splatter of glass shards that Tony suspected were the product of the crash they heard.

Following Natasha into the bedroom they quickly realized that it was no different from the rest of apartment. Heck, it my have been the strangest of them all. Like the living room, the plastic was still on everything. Including the mattress that sat sheet and blanket less on the bed spring.

All of them, save Natasha, stood staring around the room slack jawed.

Each had similar thoughts running through their minds.

It looks like a hospital room, so sterile and clean.

Nothing has been touched.

Why didn't he make this his?

Why leave it empty?

Bruce was the first to break the silence.

"Natasha you said you would tell us why, so explain this!" He gestured around the room " Why does it look like he was never even here?"

Natasha pointed to the closet, " Because he lived in there."

"What?" If it was possible Tony looked even more stunned.

Opening the door the disbelieving men filed into a closet with one drawer of Shield issued clothing and shoes. It was just as uniform as the rest if the apartment.

"Natasha there is nothing here." Steve began to sound irritated.

"Look up."

The men did, and what they saw they couldn't believe.

Above the rows of shelving there was a rather large crawl space with a tattered bed roll and a blanket.

Natasha resisted smiling at the bunk. Clint loved his high up nests.

Turning to the other avengers she made a shooing motion with her hands.

" Go on climb up. I'll tell you everything once we get up there."

So one by one three grown men fumbled their way into Clint's crawl space.