Why?

Steve looked at the video screen that was still paused moments before Clint fell and sighed.

" Tony I don't understand, why would he kill himself? He has parents and a family, he has-had a great life. His past is nothing horrible-"

Steve was cut off by a red eyed Natasha who was now standing in the doorway shouting at them.

" Shut up! Steve you know nothing about him! Have you even talked to him outside a mission? Do you even know his past? You have no right to say those things! Clint was twice the man you are!"

With that she stormed away again.

"She's right." Steve said softly, sitting down at the table then putting the palms of his hands against his eyes. " We didn't really now anything about him."

"Well lets find out more." Tony said to Steve then directed himself to Jarvis, " Jarvis pull up Agent Barton's shield file please."

In a second a file popped up on the screen enlarging itself till it took up the entire screen. It was a very short document with a single mug-shot like photo of Clint in the corner.

"Is that all you can find on him?" Steve stared shocked at the tiny paragraph.

Tony sighed "I guess shield didn't have much to say about Legolas. I mean what is there to say?"

Steve ignored him, immersed in his own thoughts. Was this seriously what was left of Clint Barton? How could his entire being be summed up in one paragraph?

" What does it say?" Steve was too appalled in the lack of information.

Tony shrugged " Clinton Francis Barton. Clearance level 6. 27 years-old. Experienced marksman and pilot. Had a stint in the Marines. That's basically all."

" That tells us nothing about his past or gives us any leads on why he committed suicide!" Steve was getting fed up with this. Why couldn't there just be a simple answer?

" Yep. If we want to find something out about him we're gonna have to ask someone he was close to."

" But Clint never opened up to anyone."

" Not to us, but there is someone in this very tower who can tell us every single dirty little secret about him." Tony was getting a sickeningly evil looking smile.

"Who? Clint was like a recluse around everyone in the tower, it was like he hated people."

" You're right he didn't like people, but misery loves company and if there is only one person who is as miserable around people as Clint was it is Natasha Romanof."