Stitches

"Pull the car over." Clint said his voice like steel.

Sebastian, more like the Winter Soldier, frowned. "What's wrong? Just wait a second we are almost at the bunker."

Eyes widening Clint peered out the windshield, Seb was right, they were only around a hundred meters away from a small shack. Instantly Clint didn't want to go in there with Sebastian, it was a remote and small place, perfect for hiding a body. Or worse a perfect place to hand Clint over to hydra.

"No pull over right now, Seb." Clint locked his eyes on the driver, "Or should I even call you that, Winter Soldier?"

Sebastian pulled the car over abruptly and killed the engine. When he turned to face Clint his eyes not steely like Clint expected, but scared.

"Let me explain.. Let's go inside it's warmer and we can have this conversation like civilized people." His eyes were pleading.

"Civilized people?" Clint scoffed. " You aren't civilized!"

"Please-"

"You're a murderer!" Clint all but screeched.

"So are you!" Seb burst out suddenly, slamming his hands roughly on the wheel.

Clint said nothing, neither did the Winter Soldier. So they sat in vague silence, the only noise being Sebastian's ragged breath. Seconds moved like hours and Clint's breath was coming out in puffs of steam, but finally Sebastian broke the quiet.

"Why don't we move inside? It's warmer there,"

"I'm not going anywhere with you." Clint replied shortly.

"I saved your life, you were just going to give up and die. Why can't you trust me?"

"You're Hydra. You shot a hole through my best friend to kill an engineer," Clint's words began to shake. "She almost died."

Sebastian's face fell. "I'm sorry. I don't remember much anymore."

Anymore? This word sparked thoughts. The Winter Soldier had memories he doesn't remember.

Clint couldn't help but ask, "What do you remember?"

Sebastian's eyelids fluttered shut.

"I remember strands, like my life was a blanket that someone un wove and removed pieces from, then stitched back together in the wrong places. It's a hard feeling to explain."

Clint couldn't suppress a ghost of a smile. "I understand. I've done the whole mind control thing before, not a fan."

Sebastian frowned, "Can I ask what happened?"

"It was almost two years ago," Clint said, silently trying to suppress some of the more sour memories. "I was still a SHIELD agent back then and I had be assigned to watch this weird blue, glowing, space science thing that they fished out the ocean. They called it the Tesseract."

The Winter Soldier felt himself cringe at the word Tesseract, he didn't know why, but he felt like there was something about it that was important to him at one time.

"Stupid name, right?" Clint let out a chuckle that wasn't all out of humour. " Well anyway the science thing was apparently unstable and freaking everyone out, because they all thought some piece of space energy ball was going to be completely safe. It ended up opening the door into a separate dimension world, like I had predicted,and letting out a guy that was all kinds of crazy."

Clint's voice was beginning to loose some of its zeal.

"They called him Loki,the brother of Thor, the god of lies and mischief. He had this blue sceptre thing that when he touched you he could control you, like his personal flying monkey. He was unstable and insanely dangerous, when he started taking shots at people I got in front of him because if someone didn't we all would've died. He took control of me and melted my thoughts, he made me think I was doing the right thing. I was under his control for a week, maybe more, until my friend literally knocked me back into the driver's seat."