Chapter 20

Wednesday loved Enid, they'd mated and she'd transformed for them, so surely corruption of the soul was something Enid would be able to stand.

But that didn't seem the case, their wolf was upset with them. Enid was upset, emotional and flustered, panicking about apparently becoming evil. Truthfully, that was a quite painful stereotype. Demons were sadistic yes, but they were simply doing their job of balancing the universe, giving the soul's their dues once dead. It was a concept many thought of as morally dark, and it was only fitting that the Addams were a clan that embraced and celebrated the natural order of death, when Enid was a mere mortal that hadn't learned. They loved her, yet the wolf seemed adamant that they were simply friends, roommates.

They were mates, and Wednesday didn't understand why Enid refused to believe it. They knew her wolf could sense their bond, but the girl seemed to ignore it. That wouldn't do, it wasn't the proper way of courting. Such habits made Wednesday nervous, driving them up the wall and leading them to climb into rafters to hide away from the world more often than preferred.

"Enid, my moon, have I done something to upset you?" The wolf had snarled, barked at them to get away and let her think. It was as agonizing as it was beautiful. Thing tapped by Enid's side, reassuring it's master that it would watch the young wolf and report to Wednesday later on.

Silently, they separated and went to the greenhouse, hoping their mother wasn't taking care of the plants. They needed some alone time, and having their mother nearby would not do.

Once within the greenhouse and finding it empty, they allowed themselves to smile, a sharp and fanged grin as they walked to one of the back sheds, opening it before entering and shutting it behind them.

Demons were masters at trap making and skilled with magic, so binding someone to the inside of the shed and keeping them chained to the wall really wasn't hard. Desire crept into their stomach at the sight of their previous dorm mother. She was frail, shaking at the very sight of them. Turning away and muttering incomprehensible cries for mercy. Wednesday grinned, their smile growing, they shuddered as they let themselves return to their more demonic form for the first time in months. It felt nice to finally allow their wings to be free. Unfortunately, their body was much too large to fit in the enclosed space of the shed. While powerful enough the enlarge the space inside, they like all demons were bound by laws to avoid changing the mortal plain if they could avoid it. Though sometimes, the rules were meant to be broken. All demons were once creatures of grace, but with falling most of their power was removed, leading to the rest of their magicks to be corrupted and to become something that wasn't angelic or mortal in nature. It was their power and they would use it accordingly. there were no laws to forbid them from torturing a soul that deserved it.

Nails sharpening into short claws as their feathered wings flapped anxiously. A vicious growl tore through their throat, fangs glistening in the dark light of the shed. Thornhill flinched away, and Wednesday laughed. It was a chilling sound, horrid as it reverberated in the human's bones and she shut her eyes in preparation.

"G- Go on Monster, do what you want!" There was little power left for her, she seemed to submit without aggression. Their parents must've had their fun with her then. They crept closer to her, watching every twitch of her body, the attempts to pull at her chains. She was pale, Her glasses no longer on her face. She was stripped of most of her clothes, bound in chains  with Demon's blood. The scent of sizzled flesh was delicious, and they leaned closer to very lightly lick at the wound. They pulled away slowly, watching as the vindictive woman flinched at their touch. A delighted purr escaped them as they touched her cheek, grabbing her chin to force her to stare at them. They'd missed this, they missed watching people squirm underneath them, they missed the screams and the way the blood felt on their hands.

Removing their hand from Thornhill, they began taking their gloves off, their sharp eyes watching their own careful movements.

"Tell me what you know about Enid Sinclair, you've been a teacher here for years, haven't you?"

"You're trying to find out more about your puppy, aren't you? Are you sure she won't leave you when she knows what you've done? What your very nature is?" The harsh slap rang out in the small shed, but Wednesday knew only those inside could hear it. Outside, the shed was quiet, inconspicuous and merely a supply for the gardening tools. For Marilyn however, it was her jail, her torturous prison.

"Don't speak of what you don't know!" Wednesday's nostrils flared for a moment as they snarled and huffed angrily, glaring down at the bound teacher. No one would miss her, and they knew that their family had long since taught the woman a lesson. Surely they could get away with their rage for a while, and so what if she accidentally died from the treatment?

With their mind made up, they went to the small selection of tools on the wall, hands hovering above the tools as they thought, scalpels, knives, daggers, nails, a trowl, and a rope. They would admit that the last two were odd, but anything could work in their favor. Picking up a knife, they approached Marilyn and began their self help times.

Marilyn lasted an hour before she perished, but that was nothing new to Wednesday. Humans were extremely delicate creatures, and since their fun was over, they began to clean the mess, storing the remains as best they could within jars found among the shed. As they worked, they coughed, using their glove to cover their mouth. They cleared their throat, becoming distressed as the coughs turned more frequent while they cleaned the shed of evidence of any demonic presence. Eventually, they had to lean against the wall, their head spinning and they coughed into their gloves, paling rather considerably when they saw blood. Very slowly, the blood began to shape, to crystalize into a beautiful tiny flower.