Chapter 4

The car was stuffy, awkward, Enid kept fidgeting and grabbed Wednesday's hand, making their eyebrows furrow slightly. A shudder ran through them at Enid's touch, even through the gloves they could feel the uncomfortable heat, the nerves from their mistress radiating off of her. They stepped out of the car immediately,  brushing off their dress. Enid hopped out opposite of them, getting her bags and skipping into the airport with Wednesday, Esther immediately driving off to return home.

Within the airport, Wednesday was overstimulated, uncomfortable and they flinched at the sensation of something on their head. They looked at Enid, surprised to see her smiling at them. They lifted it carefully, deeply confused by the kindness the girl had shown her during the summer.

"It's so you don't get overstimulated! I always keep one with me cus my brothers get roudy. But you can wear them till we get to the school, ok?"

Wednesday felt warmth spread through their face, which was unusual since they usually didn't generate such a rate of bodyheat. They nodded, allowing Enid to fix the set of noise cancelling headphones back on their head as they followed her through the airport and walked into the plane with her.

————

Wednesday felt exhausted, uncomfortable, and they hated it. Enid was asleep, not waking up despite their best efforts. The plane had landed, allowing them to step out if Enid would just wake up. Wednesday growled under their breath, limbs tired and the phantom sensation of their wings needing to stretch, to move. They gently prodded Enid's shoulder with their own to try again, hissing into her ear with a whisper. "Mistress, it's time to rise."

Nothing, it only made her whine. The short demon growled, teeth gnashing in a momentary display of anger and annoyance. They unclipped Enid from the seat and picked her up, letting her cuddle into their chest. It looked odd, getting stares from the other passengers that were surprised by the goth's show of strength despite being so small. Enid stirred in the airport, woken up by the movement of Wednesday shifting her to settle on their side while gathering her luggage.

"Wedns? Y- You're holding me..." Enid's face was red, her blood rushing furiously along with her racing heart. It made Wednesday look at her after pulling the last of her luggage from the baggage claim.

"Of course, you were asleep and wouldn't move. It's my job to provide for you as well Mistress."

Enid whined, embarrassed and struggling to get up, Wednesday let her climb from their arm, her arms flapping around as she grabbed her bags and complained about the rather intimate name.

"That name is so embarrassing!!!" Wednesday tilted their head, confused as they followed Enid out from the airport, offering to summon a ride for her to get to the school. But for some reason, Enid wanted to walk.

"I will call you by your name in public, if you're embarrassed my lady. But let me allow my services to you." Enid sighed, looking at Wednesday and their small form in disbelief.

"What kind of services?"

"Any kind you require, even if it is of the... Lustful variety... But for now, I will provide travel." Wednesday's lips quirked down, a short frown as they grabbed Enid's arm, pulling her towards the shadows of the setting sun and vanishing, Enid clutching tightly as they were apart out upon the dark estate of Nevermore.

"Here we are Mistress, just as you wanted."

"Wait Wednesday did you just teleport us?!" Enid looked around wildly, surprised and red from blushing.

"Ms.Sinclair, I didn't expect you to arrive in my office with a guest. Hello..."

Enid stood up, straightening herself up and glanced at Wednesday. Wednesday stood completely still as usual, their soft facial features vanished and a mask of disassociation rested on their face. It made Enid's chest ache and she looked back at Weems with a somewhat forced smile.

"This is Wednesday, my friend!"

Wednesday rolled their eyes at Enid's childish excitement. It was charming, and somewhat cute, but Weems needed to know more about them if she were to allow them into the school. Plus, They knew about their Mother's plaything.

"Larissa Weems, you must be my mother's second love. Is that correct?" A slight smirk pulled  their lips up, the sight of Weems blushing, eyes widening in surprise making a satisfaction fester within them.

"Wednesday, you must be the raven that your mother speaks so highly of. Come, let's not be impolite. You know what your mother would think if we failed to get along." A smile rested on Weems' face, she looked beautiful, tall, composed and absolutely ravishing. Wednesday had no surprise that their mother would choose her to be her plaything and her watchful eye among the mortal realm.

Wednesday nodded their head in agreement.

"Of course, you are our only insight into this plane unless summoned after all. Tia Larissa, I will remain polite. Yet do not worry, my mistress intends for me to do no harm among the teenagers."

Weems sighed softly in relief, standing from her desk to turn away from the two young outcasts, seemingly preparing something. She turned back, offering a cup of brown liquid to the small demonic teen.

"Go ahead, drink up little bird. You know you need your nutrition." Wednesday rolled their eyes, taking the cup and sipping from it in silent cooperation.

"Oh, and Wednesday? Your brother misses you, he asked when you'd return. If you'd like, I can request to transfer him here with you. I know he'll be delighted to be among fellow mortals.

Wednesday set down the cup on Weems' desk once finished, their tongue, long and pointed slipped from their mouth, catching the remaining pulpy brown liquid. Enid shuddered at the sight.

"Pugsley is weak and spineless, I knew he wouldn't survive once I'd gone. However, If you must bring him here, I will be unable to wait to torture him again."

"Wonderful, I shall inform him immediately. Don't worry, I'll get your paperwork in order. I merely need your father to pull a few strings."

"Thank you Tia Larissa. I will be escorting my mistress to her room now." Enid didn't catch the look of alarm on Weems' face, but she didn't ask, didn't even dare mentioning it to Wednesday either as she grabbed their hand and dragged them off to her room in her dorm, Ophelia Hall.