Chapter 15

Wednesday brushed it off when hearing about the missing people for the first time, they didn't really care about it since they'd ended to be adding to the number every time they went out to hunt for Enid, making a habit of cooking the young wolf breakfast with the meat of whatever poor creature they found in the forest.

They spent months without encountering the beast of the forest, exploring every cave and camp among their hunting grounds, but then they discovered the house, gated and white, tall and imposing to a simple human. Wednesday smiled at the chance of adventure, feeling bad for leaving Enid in the dark of such things. Truthfully, they'd seen many things in their visions among their time in the school, but they had interests to quell that didn't involve Rowan or Xavier, the dead boy and the lonely painter. They'd sooner kill them than ask what they knew, and Garret Gates was known to have lived in the house they now explored. Their father told them the story once, telling them of how he killed the rabid boy in self defense and to protect his mate. They understood, and such a cause was one they would defend if the human's law came to capture their father soon. Now the interesting thing was, the case of the missing sister, who was presumed dead. Well, They'd have to visit Thornhill sometime soon.

The dark house was comfortable and the shadows curled to allow the dark prince access to the hidden trinkets and clues. Wednesday thanked them with a nod, withdrawing a piece of meat from their hunts and throwing it to the corner of the room, watching as the shadows descended, the meat being torn off of bone and eaten with a furiosity that made them wonder if the poor creatures were starving.

"If you wouldn't mind company,  I'd like to turn this house into the dwelling of my mate when the time comes to welcome her into the Addams clan. We will need solitude and safety." The spirits of the house crooned and the shadows wrapped around Wednesday, letting out a pleasant hum as they cooled down the demon, somehow acting as a loyal pet rather than a simple reflection of the lack of light.

"Thank you, I'll go back to my investigation and leave you be until my return." Wednesday walked throughout the house, pausing on the steps of the basement to admire the large collection of jarred organs. Their stomach growled and their core felt warm, a gentle hum vibrating in their throat as they considered the size of the basement.

"Perfect, I'll prepare my wolf immediately." They spoke aloud to themselves, nodding at the thought of lining the floor of the basement with a bed in the corner, turning the rest of it into their feeding chambers. They knew what happened when a wolf fed on humans, how it accelerated the growth of their nature and their form, they knew of how to claim a wolf as theirs, and they needed plenty of space to prepare Enid for the changes. They climbed back up the basement steps, heading towards one of the shadows of the house to return to Nevermore. Then, a roar tore through the air, the wall caved in with a large green hand, it looked like it was rotting, yellow fingernails coated in dried blood and dirt. Wednesday sighed, looking at the large pair of eyes that peared at them through the hole in the wall.

"You must be the abomination Laurel let free, I see you've been rampaging without a master, Galphin."

————

Wednesday was breathing heavily, body covered in blood that was tinted an odd green shade in some places, It's pungent scent and dark red color alluring to the demon, who leaned carefully against the wall, hands trembling as they reached down to dig into the claw wounds in their side, a scream tore through them, one of agony, the delicious pain making their small body shake and crumble to the floor. A gasp of ecstacy and blood in their mouth, tongue sucking on the fingers in their mouth. They looked at the fallen Hyde, it's grotesque body pulverized by claw marks, daggers duggen deep into skin and not yet removed.

Their phone rang, they picked it up and frowned at the sight of Enid, they answered immediately, their mind still caught in bloodlust and starving for their mistress.

"Wednesday! where are you? I've been Lo-"

"Mistress, I've killed a Hyde and I can't keep myself under control anymore. I need you, I've found the perfect place to claim as ours as you transform. Please, come to me Enid, I know you can find me." Laboured breathes, carefully controlled inhales and exhales, opposites in everything but their passion, their love. They were connected, Enid knew that, despite not wanting to acknowledge it.

"O- Ok, I'll come find you. Where are you?"

"The old Gates family house, I've befriended the spirits. I have sustainance until you arrive. Don't worry Enid." Enid inhaled slowly and nodded, her claws digging into her mattress and through the sheets.

"Wait for me." Enid ended the call and got up, running to Yoko's room to ask for a ride.

Wednesday looked at their phone, setting it on the floor as they got up and nodded to themselves, starting their walk to the basement.

"Always, Mia Lupa."