chapter 12

Larissa was having a pleasant morning, it was quiet and she'd just prepared a cup of her favorite tea, a special blend given to her by Morticia, the beautiful demon had gifted her many types of tea and botonist tool for if she'd even needed to collect more ingredients for the recipe.

It was nice to be reminded of home, and she was certain that Wednesday felt the same. However, it all came crashing down when a student knocked on the door. If only she could have one day without trouble. But chaos was the way of the Addams Family, and who was she to attempt ending such a passion?

"Principal Weems! Principal Weems! A student was found dead in his room!"

The frantic knocking came from one of the teachers, a dorm parent of the Achilles Dormitory. She stood up, accidentally knocking her tea and it's cup falling to the ground. She didn't seem to care, as she walked to the door and tore it open, staring down at the short teacher, a shy werewolf professor. He taught most wolven studies, and the history of the occult as well. He knew what the death meant, and he was terrified.

"Take me to them, Douglass." Weems pressed, her words sharp, soft spoken, she had an inkling of this death having something to do with her nephew, Wednesday.

————

Weems gazed at the bloody body of Ajax Petropolus, a frown on her face. He was cut open, his torso ripped apart and some organs were gone entirely, but his bones were rearranged, the ribcage acting as some cornucopia filled with the young gorgon's organs. The boy's snakes were completely removed and blood leaked into every surface beneath him, a sigil drawn in blood in the boy's face. It's designs were ancient, sweeping and the implications dark, but Weems knew. She was aware of it's true meaning, it was an offering, a courting gift. One that Wednesday had left to be found, to let Weems know of their plan, of their love.

She had to call Morticia immediately. Weems sighed, looking at Douglass, the poor man shaking in dismay.

"Contact the boy's family, we will not be telling the police of this. I will handle the rest, understood?"

Douglass, the wolf of few words, nodded as he moved past the imposing woman, to contact the gorgon's family. Weems pulled out her phone, staring at the body as she tapped on the well-known and quite recent contact to call, Morticia Addams. She waited, impatient and tapping her foot as the dial rang, until Morticia answered.

"Hello?"

"Morticia, it's Larissa. I wanted to offer that teaching position to you and your husband again, it seems necessary that you arrive must at Nevermore to keep it from becoming a pyre in the name of young love."