Chapter 5

"This is the quad! where we all hang out in between classes." Enid seemed extremely peppy on her tour of the school, pulling Wednesday everywhere she thought they'd like. The fencing room, the library, every dark corner and room in the school.

"This is a pentagram..." Wednesday's monotone voice softened slightly, but only Enid could really tell.

"We usually have lunch out here, maybe you can eat lunch with us! You can even attend class too!"

Wednesday hummed softly, nodding without a response. They followed Enid to the tables in the quad, where many students already sat, talking amongst each other. They stopped when they noticed the new student, the black clad figure with pigtails and a blank expression, who followed behind Enid like a loyal pet. It was wrong, they smelled wrong, it was overbearing, the scent uncomfortable to the outcasts with sensitive scents. Enid was the only one unaffected apparently, how interesting.

Enid plopped down on the stone picnic table, grinning at her friends. Ajax was on the table itself, Divina sitting to the right of Yoko, cuddled into the crook of her arm. Wednesday took a breath, letting their eyes wander between the three.

"Tanaka, I've wondered when I'd interact with one of your clan members again." Wednesday's gaze was sharp, unwavering from the nervous vampire, who gave a small nod of acknowledgement, too afraid to actually speak to the creature in front of her. She knew of demons demons from the stories of her clan, the myths, the warnings. She looked at Enid in confusion, wondering just how In hell had she gotten a demon to be her friend.

"Wednesday, you never tell me when you know people! First Weems is your aunt and now your know Yoko's family? I thought we were besties!" Wednesday rose an eyebrow, pointing to Yoko's tumbler cup for a moment before their hands returned to sitting in their lap.

"The Tanaka clan is the only family of vampires able to compete with us for prey, it's deeply disheartening to watch them leave their humans alive." Yoko nodded in agreement, flashing an unusually friendly fanged grin at Wednesday.

"You say that like you're super powerful, so what outcast are you?" Yoko's eyes widened behind her sunglasses, shaking her head warningly at Divina to just shut up.

Wednesday felt a small smirk tug at their features and they allowed it, eyes shining with restrained mirth.

"I am an Addams, that should suffice as an answer I'm sure." Divina's eyebrows furrowed at Yoko, a frown tugging onto the siren's features. Wednesday internally grimaced at the smell of fish, they looked at the gorgon and made eye contact, the fear evident in the stoner's face made them feel power, barely keeping themselves from lapping up such a delicious emotion straight from the boy's lips.

"So... How'd you meet?" Ajax was nervous, fidgeting with his hands in his lap.

Enid squeaked softly in delight, grinning practically ear to ear. It reminded Wednesday of their Uncle Fester, who's form is unusual, even for demons.

"I accidentally summoned them in my attic! Now they're kind of bonded to me or whatever..." Wednesday felt eyes watching and looked at the vampire, an uncomfortable sense of pride rising
in their chest.

"You are my mistress, I must serve you until you perish, then I may keep your soul. That is the proposition of a Summons." Wednesday leaned close to Enid, whispering into her ear and taking pleasure in the way her face brightened and hear heartrate picked up. It made them want, need, they hungered for more of Enid's delightful embarrassment. Eventually, they couldn't help themselves and they leaned up, gently licking the top of Enid's ear, fangs nipping at skin with careful precision until they drew blood.

"Did you know why I call you Mistress, My lady? It is a pet name, one only reserved for the special mate of a demon. Do you understand My lady, that you are destined to be mine?" Enid's face as hot, red, panting and squeaking alerted Wednesday to her embarrassed as she rose from her seat and ran off to hide. Perhaps she went up to their dorm.

Wednesday watched Enid go, a sudden feral grin resting on their face, which clearly made the other students uncomfortable. They laughed, a soft, dark chuckle, low and greedy of air. They licked their lip, tongue darting to every hint of remaining blood across their lips and inside their mouth. They shuddered at the taste, unable to stop grinning as they got up with a respectful not to Yoko, before leaving to find their Mistress.