twenty eight

THE BLANKET FROM NICO'S BED lay in front of the crackling fireplace.

        It was made with a thick cotton material, light brown with frayed edges. He'd obviously had it a long time.

        You rested on it, palms down, fingers fisting in the material. You were anxious just as much as you were raring to go.

        "Are you sure you're alright with this?" he asked again. His voice was close, somewhere by your hip. You'd know for sure if you opened your eyes, but not seeing stopped you from overthinking this for some reason.

        "Yes," you told him firmly. "I am. I'm just. Out of practice." Understatement.

        "Would it help if I told you what I'm going to do?"

        "No," you shook your head. "I – I like not knowing."

        "Ah." There was a smile in his voice. "You enjoy the anticipation."

        "I do," you breathed.

        Would he undress you? Touch you? Use his mouth, fingers? Maybe even his cock?

        Gods. Just the thought - You clenched with it.

        "You're easy to read," he hummed, delighted. "I could do anything to you right now, and you'd let me, wouldn't you."

        "Uh-huh," you agreed.

        Nico was drawing this out and torturing you.

        He leaned closer, kneeling over you. You felt his heat, his presence— his weight despite not touching you. When he spoke, his voice was in your ear.

        "I can smell how badly you want it," he whispered. "But, unfortunately for us both, I won't be venturing inside you tonight."

        You deflated with disappointment, holding back a pout.

        "I'd let you," you reminded him weakly as if to tempt him to reconsider.

        Nico's chuckle was dark.

        "I know you would, Bambi. And I want nothing more than to watch your wide eyes glisten when I finally slide home. But I told you. Only once I've dedicated myself to you will I take you that way."

        "Fine," you accepted reluctantly.

        He pulled back for a moment. Retrieved something.

        "I thought you might like this." Something soft touched your eyes, long enough to wrap around your head. A blindfold. A breath caught in your throat. "I take it I'm right."

        "Yes." You swallowed, lifting your head so he could tie it.

        "You'll let me do anything?" he wondered once finished, hand splayed out on your stomach. You jumped at the sudden touch before pushing into it.

        "Anything." You tried to sound casual, but it came out eager. The blindfold made you feel like your senses were heightened, your body ultra-aware.

        He hummed once more, this time in approval.

        "Shifters have scent glans in many places," he informed you, nimble fingers unknotting the tie on your tunic before slipping underneath where your belly hid. Skin to skin. "But three of them are my personal favourite. So I'll start with the third - my fingertips."

        He flexed them against you, rubbing, caressing, and spreading his scent onto you.

        "Second is my lips," Nico listed next.