Chapter 14

They separated, a group on one side and a group on the other, on the other side.

We attacked the three bodyguards.

"WE NEED BACKUP"

Bernardo crushed  the walkie talkie, slamming on the door

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Valerie POV)

Someone slammed on the door, their here. I immediately rushed to the door, Opened it, the bodyguard was leaning against my legs, so I dropped him, and saw a fight happening, with tons of bodyguards, and the sharks and the jets. I stayed against the wall, travelling to Anita's door, her and Maria were together already, I hugged them both.  We stayed against the wall, eyes wide opened. Ares arrived running towards the fight, he didn't seem to notice us at first. But eventually he did "GET THEM" we started to run, the boys got in the way of Ares and his guys. We ran down the stairs, all of them, but we ducked into floor number 5 to get them off our backs. You never know. 

Then we continued, when we reached the lobby we blended into the crowd. 

Waiting for the boys.  

They weren't coming.

We waited for 10 minutes.

We started to worry, what if their injured.

I ran back up to the 7th floor, but before I reached the 3rd floor, Anita held me back.

"LET ME GO, I JUST WANNA CHECK ON THEM"

"AND RISK IT ALL OVER AGAIN, NOPE NOT HAPPENING"

"WE GOT TO GO" Maria rushed us, we ran outside the hotel, and by ran I mean Anita dragging me out. Finally I stopped fighting her and calm down "WE GOT TO GO HOME"

We ran all the way home, we all felt relieved, when we closed the door behind us, Maria knelt on the floor, kissed the floor and started to cry, "WERE HOME"

I felt that, it was good to be home. 

She got off the floor and ran to our room, jumped on her bed and laughed "MY BED, WAY BETTER THAN A BATHTUB"

I laugh, I laid in my bed as well, eventually I couldn't sleep. 

I walked over to Maria and woke her up, gently of course.

She looked at me with sleepy eyes. 

"Sleep with me?"

She nodded and I leaded her sleepy self to my bed, we laid down and eventually I fell asleep.

I needed some comfort, Maria was my comfort.

I'm just grateful were alive. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The following morning)

We slept through the whole evening and night. I woke up feeling well rested, better than the last three weeks, for sure. I sat at the table, Anita was making breakfast, a home cooked meal, just what I needed.