Chapter 12

Riff was so sensitive, it was kind of strange, I've never seen him become irritated. 

I feel bad, but it's his fault for not letting me explain, he didn't even give me a chance. Which is dumb.

The following day I decided to go to Valentina's store and hopefully he realizes his in the wrong and apologize, after I explain myself of course. 

So when I entered the store I saw Bernardo, "Your here to see him, aren't you?"

I nod and smile awkwardly.

"Go ahead" 

I quickly walk down to the storage, and see Riff, "Look your jacket was on fire, I was just putting it out" I quickly said before he could stop me.

"It's okay" He shrugs.

"Oh okay good"

We heard glass break upstairs, so we quickly rushed up the stairs, to find Bernardo face pinned on the counter getting hold down by this big guy, the same age, tall, strong, he looks like Bernardo, "Care to repeat that"

"Let him go"

"SHUT UP" The guy yells at Valentina

"Hey, chill out" Riff intervenes

"OO I'm so scared" he laughs 

Riff throws a punch but the guy catches it "watch it, or else that pretty girl, is next"

He punches Riff, let's go of Bernardo, but he stands back.

I gasp, and he chuckles and winks at me, he takes a bottle of whiskey and leaves. 

I help Riff up "Who the hell was that?" Riff says massaging his jaw. 

"I have no idea" Bernardo says

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bernardo and I were shaken up, I decided not to go home that night due to the risk of being followed and putting my family in danger. and that it's nighttime and I rather go during the day where I'm surrounded by people.  I stayed in Valentina's living room above the shop.

it's not the best, but it'll do. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following morning I went home. I explained to Anita and Maria what had happened, they understood, they went with me to the store to check up on everything and everyone.

Tony was there and it was awkward. they just stood there awkwardly, next to each other, silently. We planned on confronting the guy, and by we I mean the three boys. 

But we wouldn't know where to find him, but they sent the jets and sharks to search for him matching the description, I don't even know why they want to find him in the first place. 

But he walked in, with four other guys behind him. Oh great. 

"Why hello, ladies" he winks at us, gross.

"Who are you and what do you want"

"I am Ares Gonzalez, I want this neighborhood but I heard that you three own it already"

"Why this neighborhood?" Anita asked

"This is the land of my people"

"You have plenty of neighborhoods to choose from"

"Well I want this one, are we going to have a problem?" he cracks his knuckles, Anita gulps and shakes her head.

"Well it's yours" Bernardo says

"Hold on- we can't just-"
"Be quiet"

Bernardo snarls at Riff.

"Great, new rules"

He chuckles "Both of your men are now mine, I own your girls, I except you to leave town, anyone who disobeys me will be punished" 

"Hold on, own our girls?" Bernardo said deadly, he nods. "That's not happening"

"What did you say" He says intimidated 

"I SAID THATS NOT HAPPENING" Bernardo tackles him to the ground, Tony and Riff attack the other four men, "RUN" Anita yelled, 

"GET THEM" 

Two of the guys came after us, we ran out the back door, Running onto the street, looking for somebody, but Valentina's store is next to the construction site. Not many people, so we ran into the site, Hiding behind this huge pile of trash, 

We catch our breath.

Suddenly Maria's gone, we peeked out to look and there she was held at gunpoint.

"COME ON OUT" 

So due to not risk Maria's safety, we gave in. We got dragged back to the shop, where Bernardo, Riff and Tony were on the floor, weak, exhausted. It broke my heart.

Seeing them helpless. Ares chuckled wickedly, The two guys got a grip on us, and took us outside. 

"Were done here, let's go" Ares said.

We walked to this hotel, a nice hotel. When we got there they made us sit in the bathtub.

"You really want to be with weaklings like that, wouldn't you rather be with strong lings"

We stayed quiet "ANSWER ME"

"we would rather be with strong lings" Anita answered for us.

I felt helpless, I was scared.

"Yeah" He says proudly

"We'll be back to check on you, if you get up, or try to escape, your dead"

I was silently crying when they left. Maria was sobbing hysterically.

Anita was taking deep breaths.

"what now" Maria said

"Well, nothing, we listen to what they say" Anita said calmly

"HOW ARE YOU SO CALM" Maria shouted

"I AM TRYING TO STAY CALM FOR YOU GUYS"

Maria stayed quiet.

"I'm sorry" They said at the same time.

"What now?" I asked

"Well, we stay here"