Chapter 9

Its been a really long two months. I haven't left the apartment, plus Ricardo bolted the window shut, of course with orders from my brother. It's shocking how lonely you feel, how trapped you are, I feel like I should've gone with Maria when I had the chance. 

Anita came into my room one day and she asked me "I got permission from Bernardo to take you out but only if you stay with me at all times" I shrugged "You are going with me, you deserve some fresh air"

I groaned "Your just going shopping"

"So, there's a market"

"Fine"

When we got there I followed Anita everywhere. She stopped at every fruit vender. She also stopped to smell the flowers, and get some food. What she didn't know was that I was looking for Riff, Tony or Maria, but no sign of them. 

I was worried, I mean what if they just left town. 

I mean how was I going to reach them if I don't know where they are. 

Until, I saw two jets judging everyone, making fun, in an alleyway, they left back into the alleyway, of course I took advantage when Anita was eating with her gals. 

I followed the two jets, all the way to a warehouse. Of course I followed them into the warehouse. I hid behind random big shipping boxes. I looked around looking for you know who. There I saw her, Maria. She was wearing this blue denim dress, she joined them?

Then I saw Riff hanging out on the hood of an abandoned car. They look like their getting ready for something. Then all of a sudden, they say goodbye to their girls, even Maria and the boys waltzed out. Of course I jumped out of my hiding place. And went up to Maria. 

"SHARK"

"what?" Maria turned around and her eyes softened, and she embraced me in a hug.

"This is my sister, she's on our side"

"Our side?"

"The jets, right?"

"Eh nope"

"Are you really a shark?"

"Nope, I'm just Valeria, but are you a jet?"

"Yeah, best decision I ever made"

"Wow, congrats"

"Thanks, so what are you doing here?"

"Well I followed two boys here, speaking of boys, where are they headed?"

"To the rumble"

"WHAT"

"Don't worry they have a gun"

"HOW ARE YOU SO CALM, THEIR GOING TO GET KILLED"

"Well if they beat the sharks"

"THAT'S OUR BROTHER MENSA"

"I know"

"Their not going to kill him, their going to beat him up, until he surrenders."

"YOUR CRAZY WE'RE GOING NOW"

"I'm afraid you can't do that, the boys told us to go to Valentina's"

"I'm sorry who are you?"

"Grazie"

"Right well Grazie the boys are going to fight OUR brother, so if you don't mind we're going"

She stepped out of the way "It's your funeral" She says as we walk out, We walk all the way to the train station, the abandoned one, we walked behind the train station. We then found a warehouse, we sneaked in, stayed hidden, we found Chino, he just shushed us. 

"An ex-convict eh"

Maria got mad and barged in, "STOP" she shouted, which echoed really loudly. They all turned to her. Bernardo started walking up to her, Tony pushed him back "Don't you dare" 

Bernardo punched Tony, "LEAVE HIM" Maria pushed Bernardo, he pushed her back and she fell, I rushed to her side. "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME" Bernardo shouted, he grabbed my arm really tightly, he was angry, like really angry, he squeezed my arm.

"YOUR HURTING ME"

Riff pushed him, which made us fall.

"STAY OUT OF IT" Tony shouted, Riff grabbed Maria and I and we back away. 

Tony got on top of Bernardo, repeatedly punching him, hard, my brother looked like he was seeing Anita, so I kicked him off of him, Maria rushed to Bernardo's side "Do you really think I would let you regret another death" He realized what he did, saw the blood on his hands.

"Look Bernardo, I love your sister, Maria-" Before he could finish Bernardo attacked him to the floor, started to choke him, Riff threw him off of Tony, Bernardo punched Riff, Riff tackled him to the ground, Tony grabbed him got him off Bernardo, Riff then threw a gun at Tony, he caught it and pointed it at Bernardo, Bernardo laid off.

"NO-" Maria shouted, I grabbed her tight.

"LET ME GO" She suddenly got free, she pushed Tony off of him, the gun fell out of his hand, she grabbed it and pointed it at Tony. "HAVEN'T YOU HAD ENOUGH" She pointed it at Bernardo.

"WHY CAN'T YOU GUYS GET ALONG"

"Put the gun down" Bernardo said

"UNTIL YOU GUYS PROMISE TO GET ALONG"

"We promise" Tony said

"Promise"

She placed the gun down, the two boys raced for the gun, fighting for it, scared they might pull the trigger and hurt themselves.

Gunshot, gunshot.