Chapter 4

"Let's go somewhere" I dragged Riff and Tony out of the store

Maria right behind us.

"Oh yeah, where too exactly?" Riff questions me.

"We can go to Central Park" Tony suggested. 

"Great idea, let's go" I grabbed my sister's hand and started walking down the street. When I looked back the two idiots were in the same place, I walked down the street again, grabbed them both by the ears and dragged them to where Maria was "If you don't follow me, well let's just say Bernardo's not the only one who can fight"

Riff scoffs, I grabbed him by the ear until we made to the subway station, while we were waiting, still grabbing his ear, the subway came and we got on it, I sat next to him and finally stopped holding his ear. He was massaging it. What a baby. "You guys are going to stop the rumble, right?" Maria spoke up, "Well I'll try to don't know about Riff" Tony chuckled. 

"Good, if you stop it then we can run away" 

"Whoa hold on you're still running away even after the rumble?"

"Yes, look Bernardo wouldn't understand, and the last thing I want to see is him getting killed"

"What about me, hello? your sister"

"come with us" Tony suggested 

"That sounds nice but I could never just leave our family"

"Well piensalo hermana"

"okay"

we arrived at central park 20 minutes later.

We got off the subway, Riff attempted to get on it again, but of course I dragged him by the ear.

We arrived at central park, I haven't been here, of course Maria hadn't also been there. 

It was so pretty, the lakes, the trees, the flowers, the food carts, the plants, everything was just so new to Maria and I.

We excitedly skipped to a food cart, serving this magical thing that was pink.

"What's that?" I was captured by how magical it was, seems they use a stick and then twirl it around and a cloud is formed in a circular shape.

"Cotton candy?" Tony chuckled

"Cotton candy" we both said enchanted

"It's on me" Riff hands one to Maria and I "Oh um thanks" I say awkwardly.

"IT MELTS IN YOUR MOUTH" Maria squealed. I took a bite out of it and it tasted amazing but it was sticky and got all over my face. "Here, your face is covered in cotton candy" Riff gently cleans my face "Thanks" I say as I throw the stick away.

We stopped and sat on a bench by a lake, they were fish and turtles, Maria and I memorized.

"MIRA ESA"

"QUE BONITO"

We yelled in excitement.  

We moved on to see the what people call it, a playground.

Maria and I got on the swings, the boys pushed us. 

Some people were approaching so we got off but the parents wouldn't let them near the swing.

So we just moved on and see what else there is.

During our walk we noticed it was sunset, just a few more hours.  

The sprinklers suddenly turned on, few minutes later we were soaking wet, I was standing there dumbfounded.

When Maria and Tony started running around, wow, they are perfect for each other, I smiled.

Suddenly I was in a twirl and met eyes with Riff, we started to dance, not a slow dance, que asco.

He dipped me and we made eye contact, our faces were getting closer to each other, and then boom, our lips connected, then we slowly got out of the dip, then slowly got out of the kiss, I started running. "Catch me if you can!" I shouted laughing, my arms in the air, I've never felt so alive. But next thing I know I'm tackled to the ground by riff, his on top of me, both of us laughing, he gives me a small peck of a kiss. Then we got up.

We all found tis tree, big tree. The four of us sat under it, drying off, luckily it's a summer night. We all looked up at the night sky until we the four of us fell asleep.