Chapter 8

KINDA SPICY

Maria was right, Riff found out, by Tony. When I saw him, two days later, I slapped him, he had no right to tell Riff my business. Luckily, Riff was acting calm, which was actually scary because what if he did something to Ricardo.

"Riff what did you do?" I asked him one last time "I didn't do anything, probably got some sense into him"

I smacked the back of his head.

"Why are you into him?"

"Well because his not a troublemaker, his nice, he doesn't steal, he has nothing against my family, he doesn't disappear, and oh yeah he respects me."

He stays quiet. Then the door opens, I turn around to see Ricardo, I hugged him, checked him for any injuries, but he reassured me that he was okay. When we walked to the counter Riff was gone. Which I'm glad. "Y Tony and Maria?" "Probably out , on a walk or something"

"Good"

"Good?"

"Because I want to spend some time with you"

"Doing what?"

"I need to borrow you for a second" Riff barges in

I rolled my eyes and stupidly listened to him, we went downstairs

"Are you blind?"

"What do you mean?"

"He was going to make a move on you"

"Okay so?"

"A move your going to regret"

"Oh I'm going to regret a kiss"

"Trust me" 

I start to walk up the stairs, when he pins me to the wall.

"I disappeared because Bernardo and his sharks started to come into the store"

I don't know what came over me, why was I being so harsh, when he was just trying to avoid a confrontation between him and brother. So I kissed him.

But it was a good kiss, he grabbed the back of my neck and well he lifted me off the ground, good thing the door was closed, he carried me to his so called bed and laid me down, after that make out session.

 We cuddled, and well eventually fell asleep

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning we all snuck onto the subway and went to a free art museum, it was quite exciting. No Richardo didn't come along. But he was there, while looking at a abstract piece of art with cool colors, when all of a sudden we see Ricardo walking around the corner. 

"Well well look at this" He said, we jumped back once he was in our view. 

"Look at what?" Maria questioned

"Wait hold on, did you follow us?" Riff got in front of us, but I pulled him back due to not too attract  a crowd. 

"Yes I did, can't wait to tell Bernardo" He chuckled

"How do you know our brother?" I asked

"Well let's put it this way, I'm a shark, Bernardo hired me to go undercover and find these two gentlemen here and report it back to him"

"Wait why haven't you told Bernardo that you found Tony"

"He wanted the two of them together"

"HOLD ON YOU USED ME"

I pushed him

"Why yes, I did"

Riff punched him right in the nose, he fell back, making the painting fall on top of him. Security guards suddenly surrounded us. 

We're done for. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all sat there in a jail cell, well except for Tony and Maria.

We got charged for creating disturbance, violence in a public place.

Then our worst fear came through the door, Bernardo, I was really afraid. I mean I had a right to be. He came for me and Ricardo, should've left him there. 

We were all silent, the three of us the whole way home.

When we got there Anita each embraced us, even though Bernardo probably thought we were undeserving of it. 

We all sat down at the table 

"YOU WERE IN JAIL AND NOBODY HAS GIVEN NO APOLOGIES"

"Sorry" we all said at the same time, which was cool, but obviously besides the point.

"WITH OUR ENEMY, WHO I HAVENT SEEN IN A MONTH"

"We were just keeping them safe"

He slammed the table and we all jumped

"Safe from what? humiliation? cowards"

"WE WERE PROTECTING THEM FROM YOU" Maria suddenly got up from the table

"IM DONE WITH YOU CONTROLLING MY LIFE, DECIDING WHO I DATE, WHAT TYPE OF GUY, IM SICK OF IT" She shouted and flip the table, we were all shocked

"FINE THEN YOU CAN NO LONGER LIVE UNDER MY ROOF"

"GOOD" she walks to the door, and look's at me with sadden eyes, and she walks out and slams the door.

"ANYONE ELSE WANT TO JOIN HER"

"Nope" Ricardo said.

"What about you? Valeria"

"I'm good here" I say clenching my fists, "Go to your room"

On that command I listened. I went to my room, closed the door.

"Oh Maria, what have you done"