Shanna Cullen (Fallout 4)

(Shanna's music theme)

Name: Shanna Cullen

Age: 39

Shanna is a scientist. Yes, in the game the female character is a lawyer, but mine is an engineer. And she hoped that her son Shaun might become interested in science as well when he grew up.
She could newer imagine all would turn like this.

Shanna became the director of the Institute, like her son wanted, and stayed with her new friends and now colleagues, the synthetic imitation of her son, the robot Codsworth, and the Shepperd dog she found in the Commonwelth.

Shanna was romanticly involved with Paladin Danse, but their relationship never went farther than kisses and then she found out, he was a Synth... But this was not the only reason for their break up, although Shanna helped the Brotherhood to get their help back for reaching the Institute and finding her son, she eventually joined the Institute. Besides, Shanna's one of those women who might love only one man in life, and this one and only was her now dead husband.

Yet still the Institute begun to help the people on the surface. Unlike her son, Shanna believed that all together they can eventually build the new world...

As for the Synths... Unlike my Commander Jane Shepard (from Mass Effect trilogy) Shanna doesn't believe them being alive like humans or other organic creatures. The Synth are machines that can be turn on and off, or repair. The Synths can imitate feelings and understand what friendship means (X-6 of Codsworth for example), but they don't have souls (yet sometimes she has doubts).

Shanna in the game: