Spike Imagine - Bitty Buffy

Ever since I formed this amateur vampire-killer club, I've been getting emails almost daily from teens requesting to join. I had no idea so many people knew about the creatures that roam Sunnydale when the lights go out. Our club of three is expanding quickly, but I'm going to have to cap it at fifteen, I think.

Today, Bunny, Pete and I are testing the abilities of our first potential new member, called Chloe.

Pete's sceptical but Bunny's being as sweet as usual, reassuring Chloe that Pete side-eyes everyone within a three mile radius (which isn't exactly a lie).

Arriving in the graveyard, feeling the usual buzz of inevitable action, I turn around to face the group.

"So, Chloe," I begin, passing her a stake, "We just want to see how you fair with a vampire 'cus you say you've got experience. We don't want to patronise you with basic training. So, I guess we'll watch from here," I gesture to a bench, "And let you do your thing."

"Ok," Chloe says, and I can detect nervousness in her voice, "No problem."

"Relax, babe. We're not judging, just observing!" Bunny smiles and takes a seat. 

"I bet you ten bucks she'll be knocked over in the first five seconds." Pete deadpans, and I whack his arm.

.。*゚+.*.。 ゚+..。*゚

Annoyingly, he was right. 

However, she got up again and dusted the sucker, swift and quick. Another one attacked her and she reacted so fast, staking him through the heart with ease, that it was kinda hot. 

Bunny claps and even Pete gives her an approving nod. 

We tell her to go home, make plans to meet up for lunch tomorrow and I feel pretty good about myself. What started as a frivolous idea has become a reality with the help from my best friends and now I've slain more vampires than I can count. I'm doing my part to make the world a better place. 

Speaking of, I can see three vamps approaching in the distance. I point this out and we grab our weapons.

After killing my vamp, I see another one watching me silently from the side of the crypt. He's clearly undead, with a black leather duster that reaches his feet and skin so pale it glows in the moonlight. I close the space between us in two strides and punch him in the face. 

"OW!" he wails dramatically, taking me by surprise. "What the bloody hell was that for?"

I'm confused, but not deterred, delivering a kick to his shin so than he starts staggering away from me. 

"I'm not your enemy." he says.

"Yeah, right," I reply, stalking closer with gritted teeth.

I raise my stake, but am thrown off my feet from a blow to my back. How many vamps are here tonight? The vampire is double my size and knocks me around like a doll. My punches do nothing as if his skin were made of steel. 

Then, the strangest thing happens. Duster-Dude takes him on while I regain my footing, fighting better than me and my friends put together. I guess he just loves violence - he wouldn't be the only vamp to have that hobby. 

He picks up my abandoned stake and ganks the guy, turning to look at me. I swing at his feet and he falls flat on his back. I get on top of him and steal back my stake, hovering it over his heart. 

He looks betrayed, eyes wide and kind of annoyed. I roughly press two fingers into his neck and, as suspected, find no pulse. 

"Don't you wanna know why I killed that vamp for you?" he asks, tone way too cocky for someone with a wooden stake centimetres from their heart. 

"You didn't kill him for me, you got in my way." I reply, icily.

"Look," he says, worry flashing in his eyes very briefly, "You don't want to kill me, Bitty Buffy.  I'm on your side. I can't hurt humans."

"Why on earth should I believe you?"

In the blink of an eye, he's disarmed me and is somehow in my position, straddling me. Rude.

"Here." He slaps me, hard, across the face, and we both cry out in pain. He clutches his head and it looks so genuine... it confuses me more. "There's a chip up here," he points to his temple, "Not put there by choice, mind you. Long story short, can't hurt humans. Now, can we play nice?"

I narrow my eyes. "That depends."

"On what?" he raises a scarred eyebrow.

"On what your definition of nice is."

He thinks for a moment, "We don't kill each other?"

"Deal." 

He releases me and we stand, rather sheepishly, brushing off dirt from our clothes.

"I like you," he says after studying me for a moment, nodding approvingly. 

I snigger, "I never caught your name."

"Spike." he replies, giving me a smile which makes him look a lot less scary.

"Ok, Spike. I'm Y/N."