Spike Imagine - Shopping

~You and Spike are dating~

"I really don't mind, love."

"Spiiiiiiiike," I whine, "I know, I know, we don't need  to eat, but I want to do something special! You can still taste, can't you?"

"Okay," Spike relents, a fond smile spreading across his lips. I weave my hand through his as he considers his options. I know we both look out of place here: me, in my flowing black dress, him in his trench coat, as if straight out of Blade. In a superstore. In the middle of the night. But, frankly, I don't care. I love doing anything with Spike, and the simple or domestic stuff is extra special - comforting, normal. 

"Well there's chicken..."

"You know I'm a vegetarian," I counter, almost offended.

"Darling, you're a vampire."

"I know," I say, swaying back and forth on my heels, impatiently. "But I don't kill, do I? Strictly butcher's pigs' blood."

"My point still stands." He says, lifting my chin gently to look up at him. I frown as our eyes connect and he chuckles lightly. I love his laugh so much - it makes me want to... He kisses me lightly on the lips. 

"There's a fancy pie, here," I say, gesturing.

"That's fine."

I sigh and put it in our basket. "Okay, Spike, I think the next item on our list is more your cup of tea."

"Is it teabags?" Spike asks as I drag him to the neighbouring aisle. Once he sees the countless bottles of alcohol before him, he smiles and says, "You know me so well."

Suddenly, he's more engaged, crouching down to examine the bottles. He picks one, silently places it in the basket and turns to me. "This is going to be the perfect valentines day, love."

"Yep." I reply as we walk over to the checkout.

I know it's a short one but fluff is fluff 🤭😁. I won't be posting as frequently due to exams, but I'll no doubt write a lot in summer!! Thanks for reading (remember to vote and slay all day) <3