Spike Imagine - Argument

"So, who would win?"

"A vampire."

"You are so full of shit."

"I am not," he kicks me under the blanket, his foot cold. "You're not thinkin it through."

"I am thinkin it through," I mimic. Spike frowns at my impression. "A vamp would have nothing on a werewolf. They're wild and primal and would rip out your throat before you could even turn into vamp face." 

"You're forgetting about a vampire's heightened senses." 

I pinch his stomach.

"Oww!" he complains.

"Didn't see that coming, did you?" 

"Smartarse."

"Dickhead."

We switch off the lamps on either side of our bed and the room is plunged into darkness. I blink, trying to adjust my eyes to the lack of light, but it always takes a while. Spike, on the other hand, is fluffing up his pillow and I can hear him taking off his rings. They clatter as he puts them on the bedside table. I pull the thick duvet up to my chin. 

"You cold?" Spike asks. 

"Nah." 

He pulls the blanket to cover himself, exposing my legs to the cold as he pulls too far. I refrain from saying I am now and yank back the blanket. He pulls back.

"Hey."

"Give it."

"You're hogging it."

"Come 'ere then." I scooch close to him and I wrap my arms around him. He kisses my forehead as we fidget to get comfortable. "There. Plenty of blanket." 

"Shush." I kiss his cheek. "Goodnight."

"Night, love."

Silence descends and my breathing slows. My steady heartbeat is probably the only thing Spike can hear. It's been a long day. I intertwine my fingers with his as I get sleepier, my mind lazily thinking of tomorrow's plans. 

"A vampire's way stronger than a bloody werewolf." Spike states bitterly, breaking the silence. 

"You've never even seen a werewolf." I huff in response, just wanting to sleep now.  

"So? And you have?"

"I have, actually." I say, keeping my eyes closed. "I've seen Oz turn twice."

"Well." 

"Well, what?"

"Well, I'm still right." 

I don't reply but I can sense that Spike isn't going to drop it. He's too stubborn.

"Okay, a werewolf might be stronger but a vamp is quicker. I could take on Oz, he's like 5 foot, isn't he?"

"He grows." I say tiredly, "Can you be wrong about this another time? Say, in the morning?!"

"I've fought a Fyarl demon that was hyped up on cocaine once. Could take on a werewolf."

At that, I open my eyes. "Wait. Cocaine? I - I don't wanna know." I suddenly feel a lot more tired.

"The sixties were a wild time."

 "Look, if this is such an issue, I'm sure we can find a werewolf to totally kick your ass tomorrow."

He rolls his eyes. But then his eyes meet mine and he smiles slightly. "I'm annoying you, aren't I?"

I stare back at him and lift an eyebrow.

He smiles, "Ok. Ok. Tomorrow. Night, love."

"Goodnight." I turn over, settling down. There is no way I'm letting Spike get into a brawl with a werewolf as there would be no Spike at the end of it. I don't tell him this though, as we drift off to sleep, because I know it'll only start another silly argument.