Spike Imagine - Crush

"Can't any one of your damn little scooby club at least try to remember that I hate you all?" Spike complains dramatically.

"You don't hate all of us," Buffy corrects with a raise of her eyebrows.

Everyone's eyes are instantly on you, and you feel heat rise to your cheeks. It's known to all that Spike has a massive crush on you and a frequent teasing point. You see Spike stiffen, embarrassed, before he stomps off. Xander, Buffy and Willow giggle as you stare off after the vampire.

Little did your friends know, you liked him too.

You were baffled to find out he liked you - it was quite obvious due to the compliments, constant hanging out and pining stares, but when he confessed to Buffy that it was due to a crush, it was still bizarre. You couldn't understand why he liked you - but he does, and he's absolutely infatuated.

"Come on, guys!" you moan, feeling sorry for the romantic vamp.

"It's just funny, y/n. That he likes someone like you." Xander snorts, wrapping an affectionate arm around you.

"Someone like me? What does that mean?" you question defensively.

"You know, someone who isn't criminally insane. Someone who is actually a good person." he replies, and you smile slightly. It quickly morphs into a frown though as you contemplate over whether you should tell Spike how you feel. You wanted to because then you could actually start a relationship... but it was nerve-wracking, nevertheless. Sure, flirting with him was fun and all, but you wanted something real.

~ The Next Day ~

"Hey, y/n."

"Hey, Spike." You try to step out of the door, but so does Spike, so you awkwardly squash together. You laugh nervously and he steps back to let you through. It's a cold winter's night and Spike has offered to walk you home - as he usually does - all in the name of "safety". You're more than capable of protecting yourself, but you enjoy his company. It's the only time you can spend together without the constant jokes and comments from your friends.

"So, Spike, how are things?" you start, looking up at him. His blue eyes connect with yours and your heart rate quickens. Can he sense it?

"Fine, I suppose. Won a couple of kittens last night from poker." he shrugs casually, his steps syncing with yours.

"Really?" you ask, voice hopeful at the prospect of meeting a kitten.

"Yeah... but I gave them all to Clem." Spike replies.

"Aw, we could have raised one together." you tease, brushing against his shoulder.

"Want a crypt with a white picket fence to go with that?" he jokes and you grin.

"Of course."

You turn a corner and continue to chat. Admittedly, you like to tease Spike a bit - it's fun and maybe he'll catch on that you like him. You flirt and talk until you reach your front yard.

"Well... glad you're home safe. See you around, pet." he says quickly before turning on his heel. You watch him walk away and your eyebrows knit in confusion. He's usually not so curt. You shrug it off and head into the warmth of your house.

~ Two days later ~

You stand on a balcony at The Bronze, watching your friends dance on the floor below you. You roll your eyes as Xander stumbles onto Willow, and you take a sip of your drink. You wallow in your self-pity - the gang decided to hang out without inviting you. So, you spy on them bitterly, getting drunk alone.

"Everything alright?" You hear Spike ask from behind you. You turn and tilt your head to one side.

"No."

"What's up?" he stands next to you, wrapping his hands around the banister in front.

"They didn't invite me." You point to your friends below who look so happy.

"Oh. Maybe they forgot." he offers, not unkindly.

But you feel like crap and scoff, "They forgot me. Lovely."

"Come on, you know I didn't mean it like that."

You sigh loudly and take a swig of your beer again. It doesn't even taste nice. You stare out into the distance but feel Spike's eyes on you.

"We could do something if you want?"

"No, Spike. I don't need your pity." you snap, harsher than intended.

There's a tense pause. "You know what? I'm just trying to make you feel better. I know you don't..." he swallows, "Care for me as much as I do for you, let's say, but you could treat me like a person."

He spins around and takes one step before you grab his arm.

"I'm sorry. I'm feeling shitty and I'm taking it out on you."

He turns back around with blazing eyes. He looks at his arm and then back at your face. "Don't touch me." he states plainly. Hurt is an understatement. 

"Spike?"

"God, you don't get it do you?!" he finally snaps. There is anger, a sadness, that runs deep in his eyes. "You're leading me on, and you know it. I thought it was brilliant at first, but I can't take it anymore." He rubs one temple, and you freeze.

"I wasn't leading you on." you try to say and Spike's jaw clenches. "Spike, I never meant to lead you on."

"Honestly, you won't admit it? The flirting, the way you look at me with those big, stupid eyes? You're everywhere I turn. You..."

You grab his face and cut him off with a kiss. You pull away and the corner of your mouth twitches into a smile at the confused expression on his face. He takes a step back with hands up in a surrender.

"Woah." he says.

You blush and open your mouth to speak, but Spike interrupts.

"You... Me...?" He stutters and you nod, grinning now.

"Bloody hell," Spike smiles. He pauses before taking a step forward. "Wanna get out of here?" He leans down to whisper.

"More than anything."

Hope you're enjoying the imagines! Remember to vote, comment, etc <3