The House Guest~2

Martin Residence
Luka suddenly bursts into flames.
Jonas:"Luka! Luka!"
~~~***~~~
Salvatore Boarding House
Stefan joins them,"what are you doing?!"
Damon:" some kind of crazy ass psychic witch attack! Go over there and do something about it. Go!"
~~~***~~~
Martin Residence
Luka is burning. Jonas grabs a blanket and wraps it around Luka to smother the flames and they end up on the floor. When Jonas rolls Luka over on his back, he's severely burnt and unresponsive.
Jonas:"oh, my god! Luka! Luka! I'm sorry. Please. Just wake up, son. Open your eyes."
He takes the grimoire and casts a spell,"vistas phesmatos ex eleto. Revertas phesmatis ut vistas. Victas phesmatis ex eleto..."
Jonas stops the spell because nothing is happening. He realizes that Luka is dead.
Jonas:"Luka!"
He cries over Luka's dead body.
~~~***~~~
Mystic Grill
Me, Bonnie, Elena and Jenna arrive and look at the band. Jenna sees Alaric. Alaric heads for the bar.
Jenna:"I need a drink."
Jace is next to them.
Elena:"hey, Jace."
He doesn't answer and walks past her.
Bonnie:"things just got real awkward."

Alaric joins Jenna at the bar,"Jenna."
Jenna:"not tonight, Ric. Tonight I have traded you for señor tequila." She drinks her shot of tequila.
Alaric:"yeah. Well, señor tequila's not going to be treating you very well."
Jenna:"well, the two of you have a lot in common."
Alaric:"look, Jenna, I hate that you're this upset with me."
Jenna:"yeah, well, it's your fault. Because whatever it is you're keeping from me, whatever you think I can't handle...you're wrong. 'Cause last year I was a grad student who smoked a lot of pot and couldn't keep a goldfish alive and now I'm a parent, so I think I can handle anything, Ric."
Alaric:"Jenna..."
She gets up and leaves.

Me, Elena, and Bonnie are listening to the band.
Bonnie:"he said the ball's in your court."
Elena:"yeah, but I can't do anything about it."
Bonnie:"why not? All you do is talk about how much you care about him."
Elena:"yeah, but I am still keeping so many secrets."
Nevaeh:"Alaric's in the same boat with Jenna and maybe that's our mistake. We're trying to protect the people that we love by keeping them out of it, but in the end, we're hurting them anyway."
Then the song ends. Elena takes off her jacket and gives it to me.
Nevaeh:"what are you doing, Lena? Where are you going?"
She goes on the stage and takes the microphone.
Elena:"hey, everybody. Let's hear it for the band! Weren't they awesome?"
She starts clapping and everyone joins in.
Jenna:"this isn't going to end well."
Jenna drinks another shot of tequila.
Elena:"so there's this guy. And, uh, he told me to tell him how I feel about him. Like it's so easy. Um, you know, just 'cause I talk a lot doesn't mean I always know what I'm actually talking about. Ah, like now, I'm feeling loopy and I don't really know how to express myself."
The singer goes to gently take the microphone off Elena but she resists.
Elena:"I can sing. Yeah! Yeah. You know what, I'm going to sing."
Bonnie, Jenna, and I all looked baffled.
Nevaeh:"sing?"
Singer:"come on, off the stage."
Elena compels him,"you are going to let me live out my rockstar fantasies, and you are going to be my backup."
Singer:"what'll it be?"
She whispers something in his ear and he tells the band the song. She starts singing "Eternal Flame."

Jenna said to me,"she's good."
Nevaeh:"yeah." I smiled.
Jenna shares a glance with Alaric. Later in the song, Jace looks at me and I smiled and nods at him. Jace joins Elena on stage.
Elena:"Jace...I..."
He kisses her. Bonnie, me, and everyone screams and laughs.
~~~***~~~
Martin Residence
Jonas is angry. He takes Nevaeh's picture and her hair brush to cast a spell to find her. Stefan enters the apartment and sees Luka's body.
Jonas:"you killed him."
He used his power on Stefan. Stefan holds his head in pain.
Jonas:"he's dead and I have no one. And now you're about to find out exactly what that feels like."
Stefan falls to the floor, screaming. Jonas steps over him and leaves. The pain subsides and Stefan sees Nevaeh's picture on the floor.
~~~***~~~
Salvatore Boarding House
Damon comes into the living room holding a blood bag which he hands to Isabela.
Damon:"here you go!"
As she takes the blood bag Damon drives a stake into her stomach.
Isabela:"what the hell?!"
Damon:"that's for not telling me the dagger would kill me. Next time...it goes in your heart."
Isabela:"is that how you treat someone who..."
She removes the stake.
Isabela:"...is trying to help you?"
Damon:"you wanna help? Start talking?"
Isabela:"I'd love to, but you're not going to like it."
Damon:"try me."
Isabela:"fine. John Gilbert and Amelia want you and Stefan out of Nevaeh's life."
Damon:"that's old news."
Isabela:"not the part where he offered me a deal. He knew that killing Elijah would get me out of the tomb, so he gave me a choice. Either I stay and help with Klaus, or he kills Stefan."
Damon:"but he still tried to have me killed."
Isabela:"right. That was part of the deal. I could only save one of you."
Damon:"so you chose Stefan. Of course you did."
Isabela:"you wanted the truth, Damon. Would you rather I lie?"
~~~***~~~
Mystic Grill
I went to go to the restroom but Elena and Jace was in it, making out.
Nevaeh:"ahhh! Oh, sorry."
Elena:"sorry Nevaeh."
I left the restroom.
Jace:"you know, I really have to get back to work."
Elena:"definitely."
Bonnie was about to go the restroom but I stopped her.
Nevaeh:"I...I wouldn't. Elena and Jace are..."
Bonnie:"in the bathroom?!"
Nevaeh:"if they're happy, I'm happy."
Bonnie:"um, hey, speaking of happy, would it freak you out if I started dating your brother?"
I stopped walking and turned around,"you're into my brother?"
Bonnie:"I know it's weird, but he's been so good and strong. He makes me happy and I really can't tell what you're thinking...right now."
Nevaeh:"I'm thinking that...my brother has had more pain in his life than a hundred people's worth of pain, and....he deserves to be with someone as amazing as you."
Bonnie:"really?"
Nevaeh:"really."
Bonnie hugs me. My phone rings and I answered it. It's Stefan.
Nevaeh:"my phone. Hey, Stefan, I'm at the grill. I can't hear you. Hold...yeah."
I walked away from Bonnie. Bonnie sees Jonas entering.
~~~***~~~
Salvatore Boarding House
Damon is walking to the front door.
Isabela:"where are you going?"
Damon:"Luka Martin's dead. His father's going after Nevaeh."
Isabela:"I'm coming with you."
Damon:"no, you're not."
Isabela rushes over to him,"wait."
Damon:"I don't need your help. I don't want it."
Isabela:"I know what we can do, Damon. You have to let me do it."
~~~***~~~
Mystic Grill
Bonnie joins Jonas,"Dr. Martin. You okay?"
Jonas:"where is she?"
Bonnie:"I don't understand."
Jonas:"my son is dead."
Bonnie:"whatever it is you think you need to do, there's a better way."
Jonas:"they killed Elijah and they killed Luka and my only shot at getting my daughter back is if I have Nevaeh."
Bonnie:"no. No, Dr. Martin."
Jonas breaks the stage lights with his powers,"where is she?"
Bonnie:"I don't know. I haven't seen her."
He breaks the rest of the lights in the grill.