Crying Wolf~1

Brady's Trailer
The dead werewolves lie in a pile next to a bonfire. Brady carries another body of a dead friend ver his shoulder and places him on the pile. Brady looks over at Jules, who is watching the fire burn the bodies, Jules looks up at him, sadly. Wordlessly, they walk over to Stevie, who is pacing in front of the trailer.
Brady:"go ahead. Tell her." He said to Stevie.
Stevie:"let me just preface this with a big disclaimer that screams, "I should have known better.""
Jules:"what is it, Stevie?"
Stevie:"when Brady told me what that Tyler kid said about Mason being for the moonstone, something clicked. There was this moment back in Florida when I suspected Mason was up to something because he was banging that hot, vampire chick Isa and he didn't want anyone to know."
Jules:"all right. Just get to the point, Stevie." She was getting agitated.
Stevie:"that is the point, Jules. It's the sun and the moon curse. Mason was asking me all kinds of questions about it, if it could be broken, and when that evil man-witch showed up last night, double click. Witches, vampires, moonstone. They're putting everything in place to break the curse."
Brady:"we can't let them do that, even if we have to kill every last vampire in this town."
~~~***~~~
Forbes Residence
Nevaeh's phone goes off, waking us up. Elena pushes me out of bed.
Elena:"go away!"
Nevaeh:"unf."
I landed on the floor and looked back up at her, angrily. I crawled across the floor towards my phone and took it off the dresser.
I answered the phone,"Hello."
Elena and Bonnie look over at me from Elena's bed, both incredibly annoyed with being awaken.
Bonnie:"Shh."
Elena:"Nevaeh!"
I dragged myself out of Elena's room and continued my conversation in the hallway.
Stefan:"How was the slumber party?"
Nevaeh:"Good and much needed." I flirted. "When can you and I have one?"
Stefan:"Mmm. That can be arranged."
Nevaeh:"Okay. Now. Today. Take me far, far, away."
Stefan:"Even with everything that's going on?"
Nevaeh:"Because of everything that's going on."
Stefan:"And you're sure this has nothing to do with dodging your father who just got into town?"
Nevaeh:"Uh, this has everything to do with that."
Stefan:"Well, in that case, where would you like to go?"
I smiled.
~~~***~~~
Salvatore Boarding House
Andie checks her watch and puts on her jacket as she walks down the stairs. Damon follows behind her, carrying her scarf.
Andie:"I'm late. This is such a crazy day." She looks in the mirror at the bottom of the stairs. "I'm, uh, covering the Historical Society's High Tea."
Andie has a bandage over her bite mark on her neck.
Damon said sarcastically, throwing the scarf up,"Ooh! Thrilling."
They walk together own the main hallway leading to the front door.
Andie:"Yeah. It's for some visiting writer. He's writing a book on small town Virginia. It's a bit of a snooze."
Damon:"Writer? What's his name?"
Andie:"Uh, Elijah Smith."
Damon:"Smith. He's using Smith?"
Andie looks at herself, yet again, in a different mirror. Damon places the scarf around her neck and ties it.
Damon:"Okay. You have you story straight in your mind, right?"
Andie:"I can't say that you bit me or drank my blood, just that we hit it off and I really like you. You are terrific, though. Your sweet, funny, you're honest."
Damon smiles, places his hands on either side of her head, and compels her.
Damon:"And you're falling hard."
Andie:"You might be the one."
Damon:"Perfect."
Damon opens the front door for Andie. Alaric, not having knocked yet, stands on the front porch.
Damon:"Have a great day, honey."
Damon kisses Andie. They pull apart and Andie walks out the front door, acknowledging Alaric.
Andie:"Oh. Hey, Alaric. Later."
Andie gets in her car and leaves. Damon waves goodbye to her. Alaric moves to stand in front of Damon.
Damon:"My new girlfriend. Andie Star, action news."
Alaric:"It's not called action news."
Damon:"I know. I just like saying it. Come on."
Alaric enters. Damon shuts the door behind him and leads Alaric into the parlor.
Damon:"so, John Gilbert gave me this to kill Elijah."
Damon unrolls the dagger from its protective cloth.
Damon;"said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the Originals, if there's any truth to that."
Damon hands the dagger to Alaric and Alaric takes it.
Alaric:"so you think it's a setup?"
Damon:"it could be. Guy's a weasel. Wouldn't put anything past him."
Damon turns around and heads to the bar.
Damon:"what are you up to today, Mr. Saltzman?"
Alaric gets up and walks over to Damon.
Alaric:"well, Jenna and I were supposed to go to her family's lake house, but somehow, we both got roped into doing this Historical Society thing at the Lockwood's."
Damon:"where Elijah's the guest of honor."
Alaric:"tell me you're not gonna kill him at the tea party."
Damon:"no. That would be stupid."
Alaric gave Damon a skeptical look.
Damon:"I want to know his endgame before I kill him, but I do think it's time Elijah and I officially met."
Damon annoyingly taps Alaric with the dagger. Alaric looks at him, clearly not amused.
~~~***~~~
Mystic Grill
Bonnie and Elena care sitting at a table at the grill.
Elena:"okay. So tell me about this big, witchy plan you've been cooking up."
Bonnie:"we still don't know the extent of what Elijah's up to."
Elena:"no, we don't."
Bonnie:"so, I'm gonna ask Luka to tell me what he knows."
Elena:"and he's not gonna tell you anything."
Bonnie:"I didn't say he was gonna have a choice."
Elena looks past Bonnie.
Bonnie:"what?"
Bonnie turns around and sees that Elena is looking at Jace. Elena gives him a small wave and a smile, but Jace's face remains stony and he walks away without any acknowledgment towards her. Bonnie looks back at Elena.
Bonnie:"what was that about?"
Elena:"uh, I don't know. I thought that we were...I don't know."
~~~***~~~
Brady's Trailer
Jules is waiting outside the trailer, gazing off into the distance. Tyler approaches her.
Jules:"Tyler, hi."
Tyler:"you're still here."
Jules:"is that all right with you?"
Tyler:"that guy last night made it pretty clear that you needed to go."
Jules:"and we will soon."
Brady and Stevie walk around the other side of the trailer and approach them. Tyler looks at them, nervously.
Jules:"listen. We kind of need your help with something."
Brady:"we need you to help us find the moonstone."
Tyler:"somebody needs to explain to me what the big deal is about a rock."
Stevie:"that rock helps break the curse of the sun and the moon."
Tyler:"I don't know what that means."
Jules:"it's an old curse placed on both vampires and werewolves."
Stevie:"vampires break the curse, they're free to walk in the sunlight, but we're stuck only turning at the full moon, aka werewolf Armageddon."
Brady:"but if we break it, they're stuck as night walkers, and we can turn whenever we want."
Stevie:"aka werewolf domination."
Tyler sighs heavily.
Jules:"Tyler, if we can turn at will, that means we never have to turn at all, not if we don't want to."
Tyler:"I'll never have to turn again."
Brady:"there's more. Stevie?"
Stevie:"if those vamps are gearing up to break the curse, they must have also found the doppelgänger."
Tyler:"the doppelgänger?"
Stevie:"evil twin shadow person, she has a soulmate, but I don't think she's found him yet. We're betting Mason's hot, vampire chick Isa knows all about it, so we need you to help us find Isa. I—I have a picture. Mason brought her to the bar once. No one liked her. She was a vampire. Bad news."
Stevie looks through his phone for the picture.
Stevie:"right—right there. The girl next to Mason."
Stevie shows the picture of Mason and Isabela to Tyler. Tyler looks at it and then up at Stevie with skepticism.
Tyler:"that's Nevaeh Gilbert."
Jules:"you know her?"
Tyler:"I've known her my whole life."
Jules and Brady exchanged looks.
~~~***~~~
Mystic Grill
Jace is busing tables when Elena walks up to him.
Elena:"hi."
Jace:"I'm...I'm working."
Jace walks away and Elena follows him.
Elena:"yeah, I can see that, but can you work and talk?"
Jace stops abruptly and turns to face Elena who stops as well.
Jace:"what do you want, Elena?"
Elena:"uh, I want to talk about what we were supposed to talk about last night before I had to cancel on you. I want us to clear up the weirdness. I just want us to talk about us."
Jace:"now you're just making it worse."
Elena places her hands in either side of her face.
Elena:"uh, I...I don't know what's going on, Jace."
Jace:"where we're you last night when you were supposed to be with me?"
Caroline:"I..."
Jace:"and don't say you were with Bonnie because Bonnie was here, I saw her."
Elena was speechless.
Elena:"oh."
Jace:"yeah."
Jace turns around and walks away.
Elena:"Jace!"
Elena struggles to find words but gives up. Tyler approaches her.
Tyler:"Elena."
Elena:"you stay away from me."
Elena starts to walk away.
Tyler:"it's important."
Elena and Tyler knocks shoulders, causing Elena's bag to fall to the floor, spilling out it contents. Elena kneels down to retrieve her bag and things, while Tyler kneels down to help.
Elena:"just stop it, Tyler, okay? You're just...you're just making it worse."
As Tyler and Elena place Elena's things back in her bag, Tyler picks up Elena's phone and swiftly puts it in his back pocket without her noticing.
Tyler:"please, Elena. I'm sorry about what happened, okay, but there's so much we need to talk about."
Elena grabs her bag and gets up off the floor.
Elena:"I said leave me alone."
Elena storms out of the grill. Tyler gets up from the floor and Jace approaches him.
Jace:"the two of you want to get together, fine. There's nothing I can do about it, but do me a favor, and both of you stop lying about it."
Jace turns around and Tyler grabs his arm.
Tyler:"Jace, there's nothing going on."
Jace turns back around and grabs Tyler by the collar of his jacket.
Jace:"hey! I said stop lying."
Jace releases Tyler and walks away.
~~~***~~~
Gilbert Residence
Stefan and I are in the hallway with our bags packed, ready to leave.
Stefan:"Ready for our romantic weekend?"
Nevaeh:"Beyond ready. Let's go before John shows up and pretends to be a concerned father."
Stefan:"Mmm. I'll go put these in the car."
Stefan opens the front door and starts to walk out, but stops when he hear my phone start to buzz. I took out my phone seeing that I had received a message from Elena reading "Need to talk. Where are you?" I sent a text back to Elena saying "Headed to lake house w/ Stefan. U okay?"
Stefan:"Uh, please tell me there's nothing wrong."
I looked up at Stefan, but before I had time to comment, Elena texted another text,"All good, never mind. Have fun." I looked relieved and sent a text back saying,"Xoxo."
Nevaeh:"Nothing's wrong. Just Elena." I smiled up at Stefan. "Come on. Let's go."
I walked out of the front door. Stefan shuts the door behind us and follows me.
~~~***~~~
Brady's Trailer
Tyler looks down at the texts he exchanged with Nevaeh via a Elena's phone.
Tyler:"she's going to Dunham Lake. Her family has a house up there."
Brady:"nice. Let's go get our doppelgänger."
Brady walks away and Tyler reluctantly follows.
~~~***~~~
Gilbert Lake House