Bad Moon Rising~1

Salvatore Boarding House

Alaric arrives at the boarding house

Damon:"Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"
Alaric:"Nevaeh mentioned you needed my help?"
Stefan:"Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family."

At the Lockwood mansion, Mason is outside the house for a run. Tyler observed him and follows.

Alaric:"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?"
Damon:"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead, not so dead vampire wife might."
Nevaeh:"Amelia's research from when you guys went to Duke together."
Stefan:"You said that she had spent years researching this town."
Alaric:"Amelia's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklore and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction."
Damon:"Like that amazing vampire story."
Nevaeh:"Aside from vampires, what else?"
Alaric:"The lycanthrope."
Nevaeh:"Wait, like werewolves?"
Damon:"No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney."
Stefan:"Is it?"
Damon:"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?"

Mason is running in the woods. Tyler is following him still. Mason goes down some brick steps into the ruins.

Alaric:"Why do you suspect the Lockwood's?"
Damon:"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders Day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler."
Stefan:"And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival workers."

In the woods, Mason is coming out of the ruins . Tyler watches him and goes into the ruins.

Stefan:"It suggests it's some sort of a supernatural entity."
Nevaeh:"We we're hoping that my mother's research could  help us figure it out what it is."
Alaric:"Well, all of her things are still at Duke. I mean her office is still there. She's technically still missing."
Damon:"Do can we get access to it?"

Tyler is in the ruins. He opens some underground door. He takes pictures of the underground quarters.

Damon:"Ric,  we need to know what we're dealing with. If this wolf man thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good."

Tyler backs into some metal restraining device and scares himself. He notices scratch marks on the wall.

Damon:"It means Mason Lockwood is the real life Lon Chaney and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney junior, which means Bella Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed."
~~~***~~~
Forbes Residence
Jace is knocking at her door. Elena is in the house but she can't answer because of sunlight shining before the door.
Jace:"Elena? Elena?"
She sits on the floor next to the rays of sunlight. He calls her on her phone but she doesn't answer so he leaves a message.
Jace:"Hey, I thought you said you were at home. Tyler is doing this whole thing at the swimming hole and I wanted us to spend the day together. Where are you? Call me." He hangs up the phone and leaves.
~~~***~~~
Gilbert Residence