Overwhelmed with Feelings

Something felt wrong. Carina had this weird feeling in her stomach since today morning.

Considering what her and Victor did yesterday, she thought she'd be feeling content and happy. And yes, she did feel that way for a while.

But now as the day passed, an unwanted feeling settled at the bottom of her stomach.

She couldn't even focus. It was as if her intuition was telling her that something was about to happen.

Sighing, Carina took a quick look at the clock. It was 5 pm. Her job usually finished at 3 pm.

But she wanted to spend as much time as possible with Victor. So she decided to do overtime for this last month.

But right now, Victor was in his office attending some meeting.

Carina was bored out of her mind, not to forget that indescribable feeling.

She leaned back on her chair and closed her eyed for a while. A smile formed on her lips as she thought about Victor.

That man could make her forget about every single problem ever. But eventually, she got bored of just thinking about him.

So she headed to his office. Knocking first, Carina slightly opened the door.

"Hey babygirl" Victor acknowledged her with a whisper and a tired smile. He sat with a hand to his forehead and a phone on his ear.

"No, you don't understand! I need this package by Monday anyhow!" he shouted into the phone.

Carina never liked seeing Victor stressed. So she moved her gaze away from him and towards the couch.

"Hi!" Carina squeaked as she hopped towards Dylan and Felix who had situated themselves on the couch as if it were a bed.

They smiled back at her. "Hello" Felix greeted as he opened the huge blanket they had wrapped around themselves for her to enter.

She looked back at Victor silently asking if she could get in. She didn't want him to think she was cuddling with them or something.

Victor nodded before returning to his phone call. Carina happily situated herself between the two, their body heat helping her body relax.

"Why's he always stressed?" Carina asked looking at Victor. "Well, it's not easy to be a CEO. There's a lot on your shoulders" Felix explained.

"But, it's not good for him" she said. Dylan smiled at her. "That's why we are here. We take over from him sometimes" he told her.

"Then why aren't you helping right now?" Carina questioned. Felix sighed.

"This one's an important shipment. So Victor refused to give it to anyone else" he replied.

Carina answered with a small 'oh' before her gaze went to the laptop.

"You like Harry Potter?!" she asked in surprise as she looked at the screen playing 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix'.

"Yeah, we do. All three of us" Dylan smiled at her. "We should have a movie marathon sometime" Carina suggested with a wide grin.

"Sure darling" Felix said. But this time, he did receive a glare from Victor.

It was only that one day that Victor allowed anyone to call Carina such names.

But otherwise, it was reserved for him and him only to call her that.

Felix narrowed his eyes at Victor. "If you're not paying attention to the call, cut it and come join us" Felix said.

Victor rolled his eyes as he shifted his gaze.

--------------

"Yeah okay, bye" Victor sighed as he cut the call. There was no doubt today was hectic. No wonder he had a headache.

He shifted his gaze to the three people who had settled on the couch making it home.

A smile tugged at his lips at the scene. Dylan slept with his head rested on Carina's shoulder and his hand around her waist.

Carina rested her head on Felix's chest as he also had a hand wrapped around her waist.

Victor didn't mind Carina getting close to them because he knew these two would never hurt him.

He quietly snapped a picture of three, not wanting this adorable sight to ever get out of his mind.

Suddenly, Victor's phone rang making Carina stir in her sleep. These past days, Victor had discovered that Carina was a light sleeper.

He quickly answered his phone not wanting his princess to wake up. "Hello, Victor Collins here" he said.

"Victor" he heard Julia on the other side. Her voice was just above a whisper and it seemed like she had been crying.

"J-Julia" Victor slightly stuttered.

"Violet she– she showed movement" Julia spoke. Victor would be lying if he said his heart didn't stop beating for a second.

"What?" he asked, his voice almost non - existent. Julia hummed. "But–" she cut herself off as Victor heard her sniffle.

"Julia what's wrong?" Victor asked, concerned. This was supposed to be good news right? Why was she crying?

"A-after she showed movement, her h-heart started b-beating very fast. Her breathing got e-erratic and her lips even turned slightly b-blue. I don't know what's happening Victor. She's in the OT right now, please hurry here" Julia sobbed.

"What?!" Victor shouted as he abruptly stood up from his seat. This woke up Carina, Dylan and Felix.

"I'm coming ASAP. Just hold on for a little longer. And take care of her please" he said as he quickly threw the basic necessities in his laptop bag.

"What happened?" Felix asked as he saw the worried look on his friend's face.

"V-Violet she– she reacted. But then something happened and she's now in the operation theatre. Pack up Felix, we're leaving right now" Victor answered.

"I'm coming with" Carina said as she stood up. "Carina–" "It wasn't a request" she said sternly.

Victor didn't have time to argue with her, so he agreed.

Soon enough, the four boarded the plane. Victor had experienced a panic attack by the time they reached the airport.

Carina had managed to calm him down, but he was still shaking. "It'll be okay. Just relax" Carina tried comforting him.

"I'm so scared Carina. What if something happens" he said as he hugged her tight. Carina sighed.

"I don't know what will happen Victor. But what I do know, is that I will stay by your side no matter what" she said.

Victor knew Carina meant every single word. He didn't doubt her. But there was just so much. He was overwhelmed with feelings.

Was he supposed to be happy that Violet showed movement or sad that she was undergoing some sort of surgery?

Was he supposed to be angry at the doctors for not taking care of his sister thereby leading her to surgery or was he to be thankful to them that she moved?

He couldn't understand what he was feeling. All he knew, is that he wanted Violet to be fine.